Wanted: BX16V rear bumper.
  • Register
  • Help

Default Wanted: BX16V rear bumper.

Hi all, after a slight incident last week in which a spotty faced P plater in a Holden ute thought my car was moving when actually parked, I now need to find a rear bumper for the BX from somewhere. My insurance company has been having trouble locating one & claim a new one ex France is $2800! The worst thing is the hole it left after impact is only about 8cm long but is on the seam, the total quote so far has been $4500! We all make mistakes so I have offered to help the poor guy out by trying to locate a second hand bumper from somewhere, so if anyone can point me in the right direction or knows of one for sale it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me @ [email protected] or 0408 957 110.

Advertisement

Cheers in advance
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

The price you've been quoted is about right. They were $2500+ about 4 years ago.
    Are there any boat repairers near you? If so why not go & see them and get a price to patch and re-gel coat it?
    We have one here that the Auctions picked up with a forklift; If I ever find who did it, I'd give him a "fork lift" alright, with a number 9er and the damage sounds about on par with what you have. As we intend to use this as a track car, we were going to do a patch and paint on it which is more common than most 16V owners would care to admit to.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Fellow Frogger!

have you talked to jeff at chevronsdownunder ? he brings a container of bits from UK regularly and might be able to import a bumper for you

Quote Originally Posted by petermelb
    have you talked to jeff at chevronsdownunder ? he brings a container of bits from UK regularly and might be able to import a bumper for you
    There's only one problem Peter. I spend a lot of time on UK boards and the price over there is a bit like out here. It's not uncommon for someone to buy a complete car just to get the bumpers and I have heard it said by some that they're unprocureable. The chances of finding a rear bumper is of course more likely than finding a front one even second hand.
    I take it "Spotty Herbert" wasn't insured?

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Yeah,

just go get the hole plastic welded up, then have the bar proffesionally painted/fixed up at a panel beaters. It'll come back looking better than new.

I've had to do this with my CX bumpers (also no available out here).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Tadpole

You should try to find someone who repairs the bumper. Normally, the 16V bumpers are quite easy to repair, even better than the "normal" ones. Over here in Germany, you have to pay about 1200 EUROS for a new one, so even here most BX 16V bumpers are repaired because the costs for fitting a new one would be more than the actual value of the car.

BX-Basis

Thread Information