WTB: 205 roof racks
  • Register
  • Help

Default WTB: 205 roof racks

can anyone tell me where i can pick up some cheap removable roof racks, preferable in S.E burbs of melbourne..

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

I have exactly what you are after...specific for a 205 too !! Good quality Rola brand from memory.
    I am in Bris. tho however they would be easy to post.
    Post me [email protected]

cheers JR
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Please, really consider whether you want to do it.

When searching for a replacement 205 GTI last year I probably looked at a more than a dozen cars. At least four of them had these hideous roof racks drilled straight into the roof (I think they were Rola).

I couldn't believe the sacrilege!

Some cars are meant to have roof racks. My 403 (also my previous 404's and a 203) had proper mounting points set into the roof and factory racks that bolted straight into these mounting points - fair enough.

The 205 has amazing internal space available when you put the rear seats down.

Please consider not further reducing the number of 205s available that have not been mutilated in this fashion.

Thanks

Maurice

1000+ Posts

Icon8

To Maurice..........................Thanks A**###E for losing me the sale.
    When you have been on this site for awhile you will learn you just dont burn people...its better to just shut up and let the prospective buyer make up their own mind. Nothing worse when somebody doesnt mind their own business !!
    Think about it next time !!

JR
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Default Touchy?

Sorry mate but I thought the idea of people posting on this forum was for the purposes of seeking advice and information.

All I did was offer an opinion and I did not compel anyone to do anything - read the wording of my post.

I have owned 3 205s. Each time I have gone out to buy one I have seen many with roof rack mounts drilled into the roof and IN MY OPINION it counts against the purchase.

I really think your response is unwarranted - last time I checked it was still a free world.

Enough said.

Maurice

moosey

I had a set of Mont Blanc racks for my 205Si a few years back. They are removable when you don't need them as they clip in under the door rubbers and rear windows. A bit of a tricky job to fit properly, but no unsightly holes - and no mutilated roof . I bought the racks from Roof Rack City in Sydney. Unfortunately they weren't cheap - about $350 new back then...

Thread Information