Any containers coming from the UK?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Any containers coming from the UK?

Wanted: Any room in a container that may be coming from the UK to either NSW/Vic at some stage. I want to send a new 2CV roof to Australia and also stick a couple of large bumper bars (not for a 2CV!) in as well. Ultimately the package is to arrive in Canberra.

Advertisement

Would be willing to share any reasonable costs of the transportation.

Looking at all methods at the moment to get this stuff out there!

I can be emailed personally at [email protected]

Thanks

Paul MacDonald
    1986 2CV Spécial - Australia

hi mate my nmaes bazz,im shipping a set of leather 205 seats out from the uk at the moment,
    i was goin in with someone that had some engines and boxes coming out but has decided to get them later.
    i am using a company called worldlink international.in melbourne.they are still getting back with final price but initially they quoted 2.75 gbp per kilo under 35 kg by sea.plus you have gst and customs duty when the parts land.you pay duty on price of items imported plus price of freight.
    my seats are 600 aussie so i hope it comes in under or around $500.
    your parts will be heavier and it gets cheaper the more weight [rates per kg go down]
    the phone number in melbourne is 03 93304588.ring them they might have an office closer to you in sydney.
    im getting my stuff picked up at an address and shipped and couriered to my place.-BAZZ

Is this the company you were talking about
    http://www.worldlinkau.com/

Fellow Frogger!

Default eh much?

G'day Baz,

Just wondering how much it's costing all up for your leather seats, and why not the sexy UK split leather? (sorry, I wasn't too clear on total cost as you explained it) If you wouldn't mind, could you elaborate as to what you need to do to organise a container, buy the goods, pay tax, etc...? Are they eBay/private/do you have UK contacts? Bla bla bla, you know...

If you can be bothered anyway.

Cheers,

Bagel.

i just posted cost in peugeot forum,check it out but i warn you it aint cheap at all.watch out for the hidden costs they dont tell you about initially-BAZZ

Hey Bazz,

Thanks for the infomation. I'll check them out, but I'm in no hurry to get the stuff there and in fact I may even export another 2cv at the end of the year (I'm actually still in the UK for a while) so I'll see what happens. If your seats are about $500, I think these bumpers alone would be worth quite a bit more to ship out (they're from a Lancia and they are huge!). So as there is no real hurry, I'll shop around (otherwise it's false economy to get them out there if you know what I mean).

Cheers!

Paul
    1986 2CV Spécial - Australia

Thread Information