Dauphine Gordini Water Pump and Head Wanted
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Dauphine Gordini Water Pump and Head Wanted

I am loking for a good water pump and head for my Dauphin Gordini I believe they are the same as an R4 . I am also after the gaskets to fit the above parts. I am hoping someone out there may have these and no longer need them cheers

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by glenough
    I am loking for a good water pump and head for my Dauphin Gordini I believe they are the same as an R4 . I am also after the gaskets to fit the above parts. I am hoping someone out there may have these and no longer need them cheers
    No they are not the same as an R4, just from the same family with minor differences, the manifold securing studs are offset on the Dauphine G head and R4 head. Otherwise they are very similar, the R4 850cc motor having the same head height, and bigger inlet valves. Actually just looking at the figures it would be interesting to compare the heads side by side.

Edit: OK in addition to the above and after consulting the good books realising it would be silly for the Dauph G to have smaller valves than an R4 the following has come to light. The Dauphine G motor 670/05 motor after no. 141117 has the 28.2mm intake valves, so your motor should have the big valve head. But there are still detail differences between the G head and the R4 head. The R4 water pump though would not suit the G having the heater hose connections in different locations.
    Last edited by Simon; 31st October 2004 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Extra info.

CEB
    Tadpole

Default Gordini Water Pump

Hey
    I Can Probably Just Rebuild Yours
    Even If The Alloy Is A Little Sad
    Cheers

Fellow Frogger!

Hello Ceb

Thanks very much, it sounds very promising. The body of the water pump is ok as is the impeller . The aluminium backing plate is very grim and the gaskets were damaged on removal. Could you contact me by private email and give me your telephone number and I will ring you. If you go through the members list you will be able to send me a private email.

Cheers

Thread Information