BA7/5 G'box wanted
  • Register
  • Help

Icon14 BA7/5 G'box wanted

I'm putting the feelers out for a good 505 GTi - BA7/5 gearbox, not sure what they are worth, or if I can afford one yet. Or how long it's going to take me to find one for that matter.

May be cheaper to buy a parts car... anyone know if the BA7/5 box comes in any models other than the GTi?

Advertisement
    White 505Gti just about fitted with XN & 5 Speed.

"We have enslaved the rest of animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form."
    William Ralph Inge

Icon7

I've just bought myself a 505GR parts car for $200. It has a 5 speed box which I think is the BA7/5 (I'm probably wrong though!). This is probably the best way to get a box, you get a heap of other parts as well. Have a look at Dave McBean's page, lots of info there:

http://www.geocities.com/davemcbean/...l?997061496590

Matt.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

Yeah that's good buying, and I'd get the chance to test the box before fitting it too...

Been having another look at Dave's site - has it been updated recently? I've looked at it before and never noticed half the stuff I saw today. It great, lots of useful data.

"We have enslaved the rest of animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form."
    William Ralph Inge

Ralph, a good friend of mine used to have a dog just like yours. Little beauty it was too - great spirit and lots of energy. Never did know what kind of dog it was though?

William Ralph Inge

Icon7

He's a corgi/wombat crossed with a long legged short haired terrier. He's a good dog, especially with children. He barks a lot at strangers but is a sook. His name is Benny, after Boodek.

There must be a few wrecks around. The bloke I got mine from has two more SR wagons sitting there at his place in Beechworth, both autos though. He's asking a bit much, wants $800 ea. I offered him $300 for both but he's adamant he'll get a lot more for them. I think he thinks Peugeot = Ferrari. One has a blown motor, the other has engine problems, both have rust and dents. He can keep ém. I was only after the power steering and left hand mirrors off them anyway. From the engine back the wagons are fairly useless to me. If anyone else is interested I can supply his contact details. There are pictures on my web page under cars.

There's a girl in Wodonga that has a STi with non TRX mags. It's been sitting outside her place since last Christmas and she is too undecided/stoned to make a decision on it, she was quoted $2200 to fix it. It has a blown head gasket but the rest of it is perfect. I've approached her on a couple of occasions but had no luck. She's asking a bit to much too.

These cars crop up and I reckon they're a good buy. You have to be in the right place at the right time.

Matt.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

The STi and GTi have the same BA7/5 box... and the later GRs, the SRs and SLi (is that rignt?) have the BA7/5 with a different input shaft and bellhousing.

I have spent the last week up to my armpits in BA7/5s, I reckon I know a bit about them now... if you find a BA7/5 out of a car fitted with the XN engine, I will happily swap you for one out of an STi. Or we could just swap input shafts and bellhousings if you like.

There would be no deal, however, if the bellhousing to engine bolts don't come with it...

Thanks Ray, wasn't aware there was a difference between the GR/SR and the others. Sounds like you're the BA7/5 MAN at the moment

I will keep that offer in mind and if something comes up that suits I'll let you know.

William Ralph Inge

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 4WDrift
    Thanks Ray, wasn't aware there was a difference between the GR/SR and the others. Sounds like you're the BA7/5 MAN at the moment

I will keep that offer in mind and if something comes up that suits I'll let you know.
    I have an XN BA7/5 which may be available, another aussie frogger is making a decision on it at the moment.
    Graham

No worries Graham, I'll bide my time.

William Ralph Inge

Thread Information