604 wheel studs wanted
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 604 wheel studs wanted

Anyone have any 604 wheel studs so I can fit some 604 alloys to my 505? Any quantity accepted but ideally 16 needed.

Advertisement

You'd probably be better off using nuts that fit the original studs...

There are plenty available, though they have to be the right type. Tefba are one mob who make a range... flanged with washers, tapered etc.

The thread is 12mm X 1.5mm... same as a lot of Datsuns and Subarus. Much easier than changing the studs...

I have 604 Dunlop mags on a 505. But I got some small tubular sleeves made and used locktight to secure them into the 604 Dunlop stud holes. I then used 504 Dunlop wheel nuts.

BUT I believe there is one type of common Nissan/Datsun wheel nut that has the correct 505 size & pitch and the right OD size for a 604 wheels & maybe these could be made to fit Dunlops?? Otherwise a Nissan mag wheel nut may fit too.

If you get desperate, there is a 604 at PickaPart in Kilsyth (or was about a month ago when I was last there).

Good luck with them & I would be interested to know how you go.
    So many projects - so little time.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the replies. Mmmm.. I remember looking for alternative nuts once before and finding the correct thread but never finding the appropriate length of nut. Spacers sounds like a possibility if I can find tubing with the correct ID and OD. New nuts cost a fortune in the quantity I need and its really not much trouble to fit the 604 studs. I will have a look at PAP.

Fellow Frogger!

I have a full set of 604 studs ( well more than one set) which I am more than willing to part with , ( so to speak ). The problem is that I don't have the time this side of christmas to remove them from the car.

Fellow Frogger!

If you could keep me in mind for when you have the time it would be greatly
    appreciated. Even just the fronts would be a big help. Thanks.

Icon14 604 studs.

Nisspug.
    Please heed Raybell & 604 tragic. Stay with the original studs,(you may want to go back one day). As suggested Nissan 12x1.25 mag wheel nuts will fit. They will bottom in the 604 Dunlop mag so will need to be shortened so that they tighten with a wheel nut washer on the outside. The spigotted part of the nut will need to be sleeved. I used some steel tent pole tube cut to suit. With Loctite, press fit onto the nut.
    I fitted a set of 604 Dunlop (France) to my 504 GL. They look good,not like some of those Chinese lantern styles. only a half inch wider so the 175's don't look silly.
    After fitting the 175's and off the car ballancing I still had a problem.
    I worked it out that the wheel nut design wasn't centering the wheels.
    Solution, jack up and loosen slightly the wheel nuts,remove two diagonal nuts and fit normal tapered nuts in their place. Tighten nuts (torque) then remove the tapered nuts,refit mag nuts. Apart from a slight imbalance between at just under 100kph all is well. The wheels now being centered.
    All this must seem like a lot of shagging about but I suppose we have to suffer for our pecadillos.

Fellow Frogger!

Alas I do not have the Dunlop mags but the Cheviot "Ben Hurr" mags.(see attachment-same wheels but not my car). Will the aforementioned Nissan nuts fit the Cheviots which are very thick?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 604 wheel studs wanted-504-cheviot-mags.jpg  

Whoops... I made a little mistake there...

Peugeot 12mm studs are 1.25mm pitch, not 1.5mm. As are Datsun and Subaru and Renault.

Icon7

Hey dude! That's my car. Last chance to get hold of a shell that is completely free of rust. By shell I mean no running gear, just panels and doors less the front guards and bonnet. It is going to the wreckers on Monday if there are no takers. Ideal for a rebuild. The makings of a good rally/restore. Free. See the bottom set of photos taken about 20 mins ago:

http://home.exetel.com.au/nosneb/cars/cars.htm

Phone: 0407 243 404

Nisspug, sorry for taking over your thread, I got carried away when I saw my Pug in your post.

Matt.
    Last edited by Ralph; 29th October 2004 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Apologise to Nisspug for taking over his thread
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

Fellow Frogger!

totally understandable. Thanks for the use of the pic.

Fellow Frogger!

The nuts used on my mags are 42mm long (not inc head of nut). Are any of the Nissan/Sub nuts this long?

Fellow Frogger!

still looking for some 604 wheel studs - 4 urgently and another 8 eventually. Anyone know of a 604 wreck with studs anywhere?

Fellow Frogger!

sorry nisspug I have been a little short on time and recently we have had a rather large storm go through here ( winds of up to 150 km/h ) so I have had a bit more added to the list of things to do urgently. I am getting close to the wheel studs so I hope I can still be of some help when I eventually get them off the car.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

i am sure i have some off a car but i also have some still on discs so i'll check it out tomorrow in the shed in daylight

note to self: must put some lighting in the shed
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Warren, and good luck with cleaning up the results of the storm. 150km/h ??????

Much appreciated, Pugrambo! See my reply to you on the 604 thread.

Thread Information