Floride Mission
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Floride Mission

Default Floride Mission

TO ALL AND SUNDRY OUT IN RENO LAND IF YOU CAN HELP WITH ANY OF THE PARTS LISTED BELOW OR KNOW OF WHOM CAN IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED
    PARTS FOR 62-65 ?FLORIDE No. 0041071 R1092. WITH LATER R12 1500 MOTOR AND CARAVELLE DISCS WITH RADIATOR MOVED TO FRONT(how silly when the motors still in the back)
    Parts that I think I will need if available before I commence restoration would be
    1. heater assembly
    2.panels and brackets to relocate radiator to rear boot
    3 Steering column surround and stalks original
    4. steering wheel original
    5. Badging I only have what is in parts box all RS
    6. rear bumper centre section mine is damaged but repairable
    7. bumper over riders full set
    8.door trims original good or for pattern I have some of the aluminium trim but not good
    9. petrol tank mine is bogged up with devcon around filler neck to tank and leaking
    10. External door handles good
    11. tail light surrounds good
    12. 2 sections aluminium c section (seal retainer) for soft top front side
    13. original style seals door , windlace , top edge felts, boot seals etc
    14 . original windscreen washer assembly or part
    15. sexy 3 stud mags to siute or one additional steel wheel with the centre nut intact
    16. suspension rubbers complete kit
    and any other pretty things that would add to the car

that I think will do for now , odds on as I further investigate the car other items will crop up
    hoping you may be able to help

Advertisement

Didn't someone find one of these on a block of land being cleared for a subdivision on the Gold Coast several months ago?

Hit the search button and see if you can find it... there were pics...

Neo Retro France have a fair selection of items including door handles and tail lights. Melun retro passion in France also has some Foride?Caravelle listings. Sexy three stud mags can be had via Mecaparts in France if you have the cash. They also have performance shock absorbers and other bits which would suit.

These guys http://www.renaultcaravelle.com/home.html may also be of some use. Jacques rear engined Renaults in the States also flogs stuff including windscreen rubbers. From time to time some interesting items come up from the last two sources.

Rob Mecken??? from Victoria also has some repro bits and pieces. I have basically forgotten his name but Simon I think has contact details for him.

If your car is Renault 8 based virtually all mechanical items and the fuel tank will be R8/R10 parts. If not decide whether you want to mucjk about finding Dauphine bits to suit or convert it to R8/10 running gear. The mechanical items are not hard to source, but the detailing and trim is a different story.

The appropriate panel from an 8 or 10 will see the radiator in the back again.
    Check that engine though as people usually move the radiator to the front when they fit the larger 1.6 motor. If you want some help with this aspect, post some thumbnails of the engine bay, you will get a lot of sound advice from the people here.

Last edited by BogMaster; 21st October 2004 at 09:58 PM.
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

PLEASE FIND ATTACHED VIEW OF ENGINE BAY OF SUBJECT LITTLE BEAST HOPEFULLY THIS SHOWS AN ACCEPTABLE LAYOUT TO ALLOW CONVERTING BACK TO REAR RADIATOR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floride Mission-dcp01878.jpg  

Ok, just look around for a radiator and panel set up from an 8 or 10. It should adapt fairly easily. Like wise the fuel tank.

Is you engine cover fitted with cooling slats as on the Caravelle? If not this could be an issue, but I'm not sure.

Spectrum rubber still has a few ribber listings for the Folride/Caravelle, but not the seals for the windscreen or the bits in the aluminium C sections. Clark Rubber deal in a lot of profiles, you may find something else that would do that job.

Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

THANKS YES I'VE GOT A SPARE BOOTLID IN GOOD NICK WITH THE VENTS THAT CAME WITH THE CAR LOW AND BEHOLD THE 145/15 MICHELIN XZX TIRES ARE STILL AVAILABLE AND I'VE MANAGED TO GET 4 OF SO MUCH FOR BUDGETING

thanks most bits now sourced only wheels and steeering wheel apart from better quality castings to replace
    thanks again

Thread Information