WTD Peugeot BA7/5 Input Shaft
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    con
    con is offline
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    sydney, nsw, australia
    Posts
    521

    Default WTD Peugeot BA7/5 Input Shaft

    Anyone have a good input shaft for a 505 SR/GR that is, one for the slanted motor (not a Douvrin; STi, GTi)?

    Advertisement




    thanks

    con...

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    canberra
    Posts
    863

    Default

    have a high milage BA 7/5 from an SR no bell housing

  3. #3
    con
    con is offline
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    sydney, nsw, australia
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    have a high milage BA 7/5 from an SR no bell housing
    Thanks Colin. I might hang on a bit to see if I can get just the shaft, if not, I will call you.

    cheers

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    canberra
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Hi Con , also have a a few ba7/4 boxes,
    would the input shaft be the same as ba7/5?

  5. #5
    con
    con is offline
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    sydney, nsw, australia
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Hi Con , also have a a few ba7/4 boxes,
    would the input shaft be the same as ba7/5?
    thanks Colin.

    that's another one of my leads - I also have a late model BA7/4 which I may be able to sacrifice. All this takes time....

  6. #6
    Demannu-facturing! Demannu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Menzies Creek
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Hi Con , also have a a few ba7/4 boxes,
    would the input shaft be the same as ba7/5?
    All BA7/5 input shafts used a rubber oil seal.

    Late BA7/4 input shafts used a rubber oil seal (after ~1981ish)
    Earlier BA7/4 input shafts used the 'threaded screw' oil control.

    The pitch of the input shaft/layshaft gear changed at the same time, and therefore you can't use an early 504 input shaft/bell housing on a BA7/5 gearbox.
    Scotty

    Melbourne - Dandenong Ranges

    1956 Peugeot 403 - 'Francois' - resto project

    1969 Peugeot 504 - 'Pascal' - daily driver project

    1970 Peugeot 404 Utility - 'Brutus' - resto project

    1978 Peugeot 604 - as yet unnamed - V6 on straight LPG

    1987 Peugeot 505 - as yet unnamed - project car

    1999 Peugeot 406 Coupé - 'Chloe' - 5 speed manual

    2011 Peugeot 3008 XTE HDi - 'Zoe' - hatchback on steroids

    2014 Peugeot RCZ - 'Remy'

    1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE - 'Grover' - tow car

  7. #7
    con
    con is offline
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    sydney, nsw, australia
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demannu View Post
    All BA7/5 input shafts used a rubber oil seal.

    Late BA7/4 input shafts used a rubber oil seal (after ~1981ish)
    Earlier BA7/4 input shafts used the 'threaded screw' oil control.

    The pitch of the input shaft/layshaft gear changed at the same time, and therefore you can't use an early 504 input shaft/bell housing on a BA7/5 gearbox.

    Many thanks for the info.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •