Wtb citroen ds21 pallas door trim panel
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Icon7 Wtb citroen ds21 pallas door trim panel

Hello. I am probably a real optimist but no harm in trying!
    I need a good s/h leather trim panel for the driver's door. The other 3 panels are virtually as new. This door is the one that gets all the wear naturally so maybe I should be seeking one from a LHD country.
    The car is a mid to late 1970 model so I think that the color should be Naturel not Tabac.
    Any leads much appreciated.
    Don

Advertisement
    Citroen DS21 Pallas 1970 Renault 16TS 1976 Renault 5TS 1981

Fellow Frogger

Is it just the armrest that needs attention? You could let in some leather salvaged from someone else's retrim. I think I have a little leather that I scavenged from the seatbacks, but there can be quite a lot of variation in the colour of the Naturel trim so it may look odd. You can of course buy crack fillers, which won't be as durable as the original surface. Naturel is actually a light tan with darker high spots, so you'd need two dyes.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for that David. The top of the armrest is really beyond repair according to 2 trim places. The rest of the panel is not good; the window winder has cut an arc, there are 3 screws to replace the clips which have torn out of the backing and the the junction of the armrest with the flat part is not right. I think someone has played around previously. I have had a brainwave - I could use the sides of the armrest where it fits between the seats and is not seen normally but this bit is like new and and would contrast with old.
    I think I will try to get a panel from a LHD country.
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Is it just the armrest that needs attention? You could let in some leather salvaged from someone else's retrim. I think I have a little leather that I scavenged from the seatbacks, but there can be quite a lot of variation in the colour of the Naturel trim so it may look odd. You can of course buy crack fillers, which won't be as durable as the original surface. Naturel is actually a light tan with darker high spots, so you'd need two dyes.
    Citroen DS21 Pallas 1970 Renault 16TS 1976 Renault 5TS 1981

Thread Information