Wanted SEV distributor for 1951 Citroen 11BL
  • Register
  • Help

Default Wanted SEV distributor for 1951 Citroen 11BL

Does anyone have an old SEV distributor that is surplus to requirements? To suit Citroen 11BL 1950-1952.

Advertisement
    Cheers Gerry

It does not have to be a complete unit. I basically need the shaft and advance weights. Therefore a shaft and its body would be ideal. I had bought many years ago a new complete unit and find when I finally came to fit to the engine I found that the drive drilling is wrong and that the vacuum capsule strikes the engine block, not allowing correct timing. I tried to redrill the drive position without success. It seems that this type of distributor was fitted to other French cars of that period and it is one of these that was sold to me.
    I want to keep the car original so a 123 distributor is out of the question. It will look all wrong.
    Last edited by gerrypro; 18th February 2019 at 03:17 PM.
    Cheers Gerry

Might look wrong but it will work well. There's a mob in Holland that fit 123 units to the distributor you send them - this is how I got one for the CX - they are fine with 1960s+ Ducellier units of the standard diameter that is larger than some of the earlier SEV distributors. PM me if you want their details, as I'm sure I can find them.

In my 1950 Renault 4CV I am running a standard distributor but with a 6V transistorised ignition module, which takes the current load off the points.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Hi Gerry
    I have a traction SEV unit if you need it . It's in Warrnambool. I think it's complete' cap is not much good. Came out of a 1948 11BL which was pass restoration many years ago.
    1926 Citroen B12 Tourer, 1950 L15, 1953 2cv, 1974 Ami 8 Service Van, 1975 DS23, 1977 GS Pallas and 2004 206cc.
    In Family 1954 B15, 1970 D Special and 1982 Dyane 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    Hi Gerry
    I have a traction SEV unit if you need it . It's in Warrnambool. I think it's complete' cap is not much good. Came out of a 1948 11BL which was pass restoration many years ago.
    Hi Andrew , Yes I would love to have the SEV distributor. When would it be convenient to collect it?
    Cheers Gerry

Sadly the previous lead from Andrew has proven a dud! The unit cannot be found, so therefore I am still in need of an SEV distributor for a 1948 to 1952 11BL. It must be the one with the vacuum advance capsule.
    Does not have to be in pristine condition as long as it has the shaft and the body!
    Cheers Gerry

Hi Gerry,

I have these parts which would be serviceable, they are from a Fregate of similar era. If they look similar to your quest I will measure them up for your perusal.

Yours if they are suitable.

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, and thanks for taking the trouble to investigate. They certainly look very similar. The devil will be in the detail. Such as the angle at which the drove dog cotter pin is drilled. This is the trouble I encountered with my Brand new distributor. I had an old one but the advance weight tension spring peg was bent too far and although it fitted the peg may be cracked as it straightened up way too easily. I am happy to take a punt on it and compare the pair. I will PM you! BTW is this a vacuum advance unit? I can see a large hole on the body where it would have passed into the ball bearing mounted base plate!
    Cheers Gerry

Yes it is a vacuum advance unit but the parts shown above are all I have to spare. There is a very minute bit of play in the shaft bush but I think it is usable. Later on this arvo I will do some critical measurements of the body and shaft sizes for your further investigation.

Also see Post#1083 of the Fregate SEV unit 1956 Renault Fregate restoration...Project Geneviève

Last edited by 59 Floride; 28th March 2019 at 10:51 AM.

Yes that is the distributor exactly! I have all of the other parts so basically all I require is the shaft.
    Cheers Gerry

Okay Gerry, send me a PM with your address and I'll get it out to you tomorrow.

Graham

Thread Information