WTB Muffler for 1961 Renault 750
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default WTB Muffler for 1961 Renault 750

I need a reasonable muffler for my renault 750 with no holes or serious rust that i can use on the road.I am located in Western Australia.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Der Franzose and Melun Rétro have them. Usually take about 2-4 weeks to get stuff out ( record being 3 days from Melun Rétro )

They also have engine pipes labelled as for the later 4CV, this is a bit that might be more of a pain to get from a local exhaust joint than a muffler.

I am looking at them for a muffler too, the only thing is that they are labelled as <'57 but look pretty much the same as the one on my car, so I am not sure whether I'm missing something. Wiser heads may be able to help here.

Any good exhaust place could do you a 'hot dog' muffler across the back which would work, although not entirely original - am also contemplating this for mine.

Good luck

Andrew

I just received one from Bretagne Auto Retro in France. Newly manufactured. Looks fine.

If you need the exhaust pipe, don't forget that the late ones have a larger manifold fitting than the very early ones.

That 3-day delivery might just take the prize for something from Europe. It's much faster than Australia post across Australia. Longstone tyres do pretty well too.

Cheers

John
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    Citroën CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thread Information