WTD wiper motor for 403
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Member joshspug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Healesville
    Posts
    86

    Default WTD wiper motor for 403

    Hi all

    Iím after a wiper motor for my 403. Mine just died recently. Not to fussed if itís original or not as long as itís working. If someone has one or knows where I can find would be great

    Thanks Josh

    Advertisement



    Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Greensborough
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I might be able to sort one this weekend.
    Will let you know.
    Justin


    Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    olinda victoria australia
    Posts
    596

    Default

    6 Volt?

    Have one which might be surplus to requirements

    Got it for the 4CV, but it looks remarkably like those on 403

    Best WIshes

    Andrew

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    158

    Default

    If unable to get one locally let me know, I have a used one, it's yours if you can pay the postage. BTW.. mine is the single pole type where the home position of the wiper arms will be determine by that switch at the other end of the motor.

  5. #5
    Member joshspug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Healesville
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinJapan1964 View Post
    I might be able to sort one this weekend.
    Will let you know.
    Justin


    Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs
    Thank heaps. Let me know either here on or on 0415911096


    Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

  6. #6
    Member joshspug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Healesville
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Watkins View Post
    6 Volt?

    Have one which might be surplus to requirements

    Got it for the 4CV, but it looks remarkably like those on 403

    Best WIshes

    Andrew
    Thanks Andrew, 403 is 12 volt. Is 4cv 6 volt?


    Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

  7. #7
    Member joshspug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Healesville
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peugeotnut View Post
    If unable to get one locally let me know, I have a used one, it's yours if you can pay the postage. BTW.. mine is the single pole type where the home position of the wiper arms will be determine by that switch at the other end of the motor.
    Thanks will see how I go as that is different to mine anyway. But if nothing else I should be able to make it work. Will let you know
    Thanks Josh


    Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

  8. #8
    VIP Sponsor David Cavanagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Romsey, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,702

    Default

    I'm running a 504 2 speed wiper motor on my 403. It's worth looking into.
    David Cavanagh

    FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

    03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

    34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042


    [email protected]

    https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

  9. #9
    Member joshspug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Healesville
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavanagh View Post
    I'm running a 504 2 speed wiper motor on my 403. It's worth looking into.
    Thanks thatís a nice idea. Have you got a spare? Happy to try anything.


    Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    158

    Default

    i think for the older Peugeot's there are 3, types.

    1) single wired motor - single speed with external home position switch
    2) 3 wired motor -- single speed with internal built in home position
    3) 5 wired motor -- dual speed with internal built in home position

    for type 2 and 3 the ON/OFF switch will be different and have to be carefully mounted at the existing wiper switch mount so as not to create a short circuit with the bottom side of the instrument clusters. Actually there are more other easier places to put that switch, but depends if you want to maintain the same switching position.
    The mounting plate for item 2 and 3 wiper motor are also slightly wider by 5mm.

    For my 403 I have installed the single speed 3 wired type motor. It's homing position stops accurately. Also installed a switch almost similar to the 404 wiper switch, the good thing about this switch is that it has an inbuilt electrical switch for the water jet spray.

  11. #11
    Member joshspug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Healesville
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peugeotnut View Post
    i think for the older Peugeot's there are 3, types.

    1) single wired motor - single speed with external home position switch
    2) 3 wired motor -- single speed with internal built in home position
    3) 5 wired motor -- dual speed with internal built in home position

    for type 2 and 3 the ON/OFF switch will be different and have to be carefully mounted at the existing wiper switch mount so as not to create a short circuit with the bottom side of the instrument clusters. Actually there are more other easier places to put that switch, but depends if you want to maintain the same switching position.
    The mounting plate for item 2 and 3 wiper motor are also slightly wider by 5mm.

    For my 403 I have installed the single speed 3 wired type motor. It's homing position stops accurately. Also installed a switch almost similar to the 404 wiper switch, the good thing about this switch is that it has an inbuilt electrical switch for the water jet spray.
    Thanks mine was the 3wire type. Single speed with home position. But happy to get anything that works and wire it as needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •