WTD. 06' Peugeot 307 2.0l diesel manual bsi.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Davejay
  • 1 Post By Davejay

Thread: WTD. 06' Peugeot 307 2.0l diesel manual bsi.

Default WTD. 06' Peugeot 307 2.0l diesel manual bsi.

I'm trying to find bsi, engine ecu, ignition barrel and keys for the above mentioned, I'm presuming this is the problem as electricals gone haywire and no cranking.

Advertisement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave please supply some history on what has happened to your Pug as doing the swap cause other issues and changes your VIN and odometer reading which cannot be changed.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Appreciate the reply, I'll be picking it up with a car trailer coming Thursday, only just bought it as is and didn't have any time to sus it out entirely, main thing I remember is the central locking was clicking constantly, left the battery disconnected so it didn't flatten itself, will update when I get it home, just ordered timing belt kit, water pump n all from Martin at eai, pretty keen to get it back on the road asap.

Ger yourself a working version of Diagbox it's the only software that can fully diagnose the vehicle fully.

I suspect it will be the BSM which is the fuse box in the engine bay. Also test the starter motor as a dud one will not crank the engine.

Clicking central locking could be a discharged battery but others have mentioned the drivers door latch?

Will have to do some research on where to get 'diagbox' I usually play with renaults, Martin from Eai said good chance it's the bsm as well, that common he keeps them in stock, picking it up tomorrow so will try figure it out then, thanks.

dimistyle likes this.

Yeah sounds like a good idea

Just got it home and fairly confident it's the starter motor, recognises key, can hear relay in bsm clicking and the starter relay, think the electronic problems originally were due to a very flat battery, anyway from what I can gather I need a D8R27 starter if anyone has any clues? Guessing it's not gunna be an easy job.

Is the starter fuse blown

Not sure, can hear the starter solenoid clicking though.

If the starter motor is visible on the front of the engine should be an easy 3 Allan bolts and 2 wire connections nuts if anything like the the old 2.0 HDi. Ring the usual French car parts suppliers or pick up a second hand one off Gumtree some Peugeot wreckers offer free delivery.

If your car is stuck at home you could remove and take to an auto sparky to confirm before spending $400 or so😉

Well, took starter out as was an easy one, tested it on the ground and is good, put it back in and now starting all good, only concerning thing now is the hollow metallic chattering noise coming from out of the gearbox, if ya put ur foot on the clutch it goes away, I'm thinking dual mass flywheel the culprit, not game to drive it in case flywheel destroys itself n takes out the bell housing or something, it does have 249000k's, any other ideas?

I had an 2.0L Expert Professional HDi which had the dual mass flywheel expire. Peugeot tried to replace the clutch only.
    I could feel a rattle through the clutch pedal on depression/let out and never accept it back.
    Might not be the same, but they replaced the flywheel and it was perfect.
    Bathurst______2 57.22 Sandown_______1 35.29
    Mallala_______1 22.90 Phillip Island____1 56.41
    Winton_______1.43.90 Collingrove_______38.08
    The Bend_____2 21.96

https://www.facebook.com/FrogstompRacing/

http://www.harlandeng.com.au

I'm pretty sure I'll be going for a solid single mass flywheel conversion, gearbox seems reasonably straight forward to remove, just don't want to over capitalise on it, too good for scrap, has rego till march 2019 n I paid $700 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davejay View Post
    Well, took starter out as was an easy one, tested it on the ground and is good, put it back in and now starting all good, only concerning thing now is the hollow metallic chattering noise coming from out of the gearbox, if ya put ur foot on the clutch it goes away, I'm thinking dual mass flywheel the culprit, not game to drive it in case flywheel destroys itself n takes out the bell housing or something, it does have 249000k's, any other ideas?

I had the same this not that long ago start would not crank, starter out on bench no problem, in car no crank....replaced with a new ok one as impatient and never had a problem again. I'm guessing yours will be on its way out especially if cranking slowly.

Got new smf conversion from eai, started pulling the box out, stumbled on how to remove the gear linkages off the box, must be a trick to it?

Is all back on the road, clutch feels perfect, all new oil seals, timing belt, water pump, one issue is I only got the spare key as the original fob is missing, I should do a search here myself or start a new thread but some pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Armidillo likes this.

1000+ Posts

Get a spare key, if you want cheap from ebay and get it cut. If wanting not cheap go genuine and then get the car reprogrammed. Just did this as some maggot stole wifes bag/keys etc. I now have three remote keys
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway
    306 convertible (gti6 candidate)
    307 HDi wagon
    407 HDi wagon

Thanks, there seems to be remote keys on eBay with the chip included for pretty cheap, dunno how effective they are though.

1000+ Posts

They do work but I had one with a bad battery, hardly surprising. The good thing is the chip is now an electronic part on some of the boards too. They work fine, if they work!

Be advised cutting the blade is not cheap as the car manufacturers learn ways to get our $
    87 S1 205 GTI / GTI6 powered a project underway
    306 convertible (gti6 candidate)
    307 HDi wagon
    407 HDi wagon

Thanks matt, might take a chance n grab one, I had a similar Citroen key cut at the local locksmith, worked fine, see how we go.

Thread Information