Floride
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Floride

Tadpole

Default Floride

WTD. Hi I need a right hand drivers door 1/4 window frame for a Floride / Caravelle.
    Also, if anybody knows the profiles of the weatherstrips between the roof and the body and the rear window I'd be grateful for some help.
    Regards, Phil.

Advertisement

Hi Phil,

I can't help you with a 1/4 glass frame but there will be someone here who will have one.

For the rubbers I sourced almost everything locally except the windscreen and window rubbers, they are available from Tim Renken at [email protected].
    Be sure you get a Floride windscreen rubber and not a Caravelle because the stainless trims are totally different.

Page 4 of this thread Renault Floride body rebuild. will help with procurement of the other hardtop rubbers locally. Feel free to ask questions here or send me a PM for further help...Graham

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

The Floride and caravelle 1/4 windows are different I think, I’ve never had two side by side but you’d be better asking for the correct one for car.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

Yes correct, Floride and Caravelle 1/4 glass, rubber and frame are completely different and not interchangeable.

Tadpole

A photo of yours would help please.... I have one here that is very different from my Caravelle ones, so it maybe like yours.... BTW when I stripped mine down, both frames were identical but the glass was different either side I need to look at that as it gets closer to reassembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawson View Post
    WTD. Hi I need a right hand drivers door 1/4 window frame for a Floride / Caravelle.
    Also, if anybody knows the profiles of the weatherstrips between the roof and the body and the rear window I'd be grateful for some help.
    Regards, Phil.
    Phil,

I suggest that you contact John at Woodsies Windscreens in Morley....9272 8999....I'm sure that he will be able to make something up for you for both applications....he made up a rear window rubber for my A110.
    1969 Alpine A110

Tadpole

Floride-quarter-window-2.jpgFloride-quarter-window-1.jpgFloride-quarter-window-3.jpg
    Hi Everyone, Thanks for all your replies with the good advise.
    I now know what I need in the way of Weatherstrips. The back window I'll dummy up to work out a profile and hope to pick them up when I go to Perth.
    On the 1/4 window. I've enclosed a few snaps. As you can see, the swivel has been broken off. It's also seized solid. I don't think it's worth trying to braze it back on and re-plating. Any help is always appreciated. Phil.

Thread Information