Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mur

Thread: Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)

Mur
    Tadpole

Default Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)

Hello guys, I'm looking for the twin round headlamps grille (grill) which came on the Renault Virage, NOS or used but in good condition, together with the headlamps supports.

I'm also interested in buying R12 spare parts like rear headlamps, interior doors panels, bumpers like the ones in the pictures attached etc.

If you have any of the parts I'm looking for, please leave a PM or contact me on WhatsApp on +44 7464 237 262.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-1978_renault_virage_sedan_-19259699454-.jpg   Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-wp_20170131_14_38_15_pro.jpg   Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-wp_20170131_14_27_51_pro.jpg   Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-s-l1600.jpg   Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-r12-1.jpg   Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-r2.jpg  

Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-r12-3.jpg   Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-r12-4.jpg  

Mur
    Tadpole

Nobody?

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

You should be able to get most of what you need from the R12 shop in the Netherlands.
    You're still part of the EU (I think) so it should be cheaper that shipping from Australia.

Going by the bonnet bulge and repeaters on the guards, the brown R12 in your photographs is a US version.
    I believe these bumpers were only on the US models and the bumper bars are much larger than the Australian R12/Virage.

Cheers
    RTT
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure."

Mur
    Tadpole

Hi, thanks for your answer. First of all, not all the parts R12 Shop are selling are genuine.

Then, the grill I want was made only for a few countries (US, Australia, Canada, Mexico etc) so I'm pretty sure I can't find it in Europe.

I thought that maybe somebody could find a grill like the one in the pictures (from a wrecked car or something) and send it over to me.

Also, the cluster instruments are really important to me; I'm sure there must be somewhere some wrecked R12's with these parts on them.

I'll keep an eye out,

It seems it's about once a year a paddock with 2 or 3 of them come known, and they are all usually rusted / sun kissed to death but you never know.

Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

Mur
    Tadpole

That's the spirit!

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Mur View Post
    Hi, thanks for your answer. First of all, not all the parts R12 Shop are selling are genuine.

Then, the grill I want was made only for a few countries (US, Australia, Canada, Mexico etc) so I'm pretty sure I can't find it in Europe.

I thought that maybe somebody could find a grill like the one in the pictures (from a wrecked car or something) and send it over to me.

Also, the cluster instruments are really important to me; I'm sure there must be somewhere some wrecked R12's with these parts on them.

Hello Mur,

That's not quite right.
    The quad lights were also sold in Romania as the Dacia 1300/1310 and in Turkey as the Renault Toros, Maybe elsewhere as well but Turkey and Romania are relatively close. Both Turkey and Romania sold the large numbers of the these and for much longer than in other markets so parts are likely to be more common. The Dacia also had the same bumper that you're looking for on some versions, don't know about the Turkish made versions.

This is a Dacia 1310;
    Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-1983_dacia_1310_in_bucharest.jpg

The instruments on the early Aussie R12's were locally made by VDO (to increase the Australian content). The later, pre-facelift 12TS did have a similar instrument cluster to the one in your photograph but they were made by Jaeger (I don't recall ever seeing Veglia instruments in any R12 and I've seen a few).
    The Jaeger look much the same apart from having a different name and presumably would be a straight plug in swap.
    But again Romania and Turkey would likely be a closer source for the instrument cluster.

I have a Jaeger cluster but I haven't seen it in a few years so don't know the condition.
    It was all working when pulled out of the car but these are notorious for corrosion on the copper tracks on the flexible circuit plus the screws for the gauges are steel and they rust (boy do they rust). The gauge movements would probably be good but making good contact on the harness plug connectors and the dash/warning lights might be a challenge.

Cheers
    RTT
    "I cannot help but notice that there is no problem between us that cannot be solved by your departure."

Mur
    Tadpole

RTT, the grill on the quad lights Romanian model has nothing to do with the one I'm looking for.

The same regarding the bumpers: the
    Romanian bumpers on the Dacia 1310 on your picture has nothing to do with the ones in my pictures from my first post.

Believe me, I know what I'm saying, I am from Romania.

Regarding the instrument cluster: yes, there is no difference between the Veglia in my picture and the Jaeger. I don't care about the brand, as long as is the same model like the one in the picture.

There is another model, also Jaeger, which I have, made for the Spanish R12, but it's too complicated to install on my '75 Dacia. Wanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-img_1528233596.865323.jpgWanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-img_1528233637.609663.jpgWanted: Renault R12 Virage grille (grill)-img_1528233617.358395.jpg

Last edited by Mur; 6th June 2018 at 08:28 AM.
    bowie likes this.

Hello Mur,

I presume you're referring to the bumper bars on the brown R12, not the blue Virage in the first photograph.
    The brown 12 is a US version and as far as I'm aware the bumpers on the US types were only sold in the US as they were specially fitted to meet the US regulations.

The other thing with the gauges is that here in Australia (and most other places), the speedometer/odometer is going to be metric, I believe the UK is still imperial. Australia went metric in 1974 so all the post 1974 12's had metric speedometers. The gauges prior to 1974 were imperial but the 12's here had mostly locally made VDO gauges at the time. May not be an issue for you but at least you're informed.

Thread Information