Balance bar brake setup for 205
  • Register
  • Help
    VIP Sponsor

Default Balance bar brake setup for 205

I have for sale an unboosted balance bar set up to suit 205, this is one of the kits that was produced by Bluey last year. includes the pedal box to suit standard pedal and the Tilton master cylinders, adjusting mechanism etc. Cost me around $1000, sell for $400 ONO.

Advertisement

Free tech support to the person who purchases this, whether that be setup or modification.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Free tech support to the person who purchases this, whether that be setup or modification.
    How much harder is the brake pedal to operate without a booster? Does the firewall need bracing because of this?
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

VIP Sponsor

Much harder, no stopping unless you use high friction pads. With the Club Racer pads it stops acceptably on bitumen but I don't have confidence to brake late on gravel. For me it is easier to modulate the pedal pressure when it is light, harder when you are pushing the pedal hard. Yes, you will need firewall bracing, mine has it and even then the firewall flexes.

VIP Sponsor

With GTi6 brakes fitted, (standard road pads) it felt much the same as it does now, so thinking as a last ditch effort fit Club racer pads to the GTi6 brakes or fit some other type of caliper, any suggestions re this?

VIP Sponsor

Huw, are there master cylinders available that are smaller than the ones supplied with my kit?
    I would still like to keep the set up as is if it can be made to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post

PM Sent

VIP Sponsor

This and the pads are on hold at the moment, checking a few things with Huws help.

VIP Sponsor

Back on sale, ready to post, $400 a bargain, they work fine on bitumen, or if you just want to jump on the brakes hard, but I like a sensitive brake pedal with good feedback.

Thread Information