• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By R8philSA

Thread: R1135 parts needed

Tadpole

Default R1135 parts needed

Hi everybody,
    Looking for 3 headlights or where to have mine restored. One 140mm dia concave glass & two 180mm dia concave glass. Also the pulley drive on the alternator, this being 17mm dia hole. The part # in the Gordini spareparts catalogue is 8703331. Prepared to buy a non working unit if need be.

Thanks
    ross

Advertisement

Ross, The inner lights should be concave too. Are they all Cibies? I have a Cibie 140mm convex light that I can sell. Also a complete SEV Motorola Gordini alternator. I will get it checked but it looks to be in unused reconditioned condition.
    For the outer headlights, I have a number of units with corroded reflectors, but good lenses, in disassembled state. Let me know if you're interested in any of these items.

Robert
    www.r8gordiniregister.com
    1971 Alpine A110 1600S
    1970 R8 Gordini R1135
    2005 Megane 225 Cup
    2014 Megane RS275 Trophy R
    2015 Koleos Expression

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by alpinesau View Post
    Ross, The inner lights should be concave too. Are they all Cibies? I have a Cibie 140mm convex light that I can sell. Also a complete SEV Motorola Gordini alternator. I will get it checked but it looks to be in unused reconditioned condition.
    For the outer headlights, I have a number of units with corroded reflectors, but good lenses, in disassembled state. Let me know if you're interested in any of these items.

Robert
    Good morning Robert,
    Yes all the 4 lights should be concave. My lights as yours are corroded, thanks but no on the lights. They are Cibie. Interested in the alternator though, how many $'s are you thinking, as is, without checking. I am having all my electrical gear checked anyway. The drive on the alternator should be wide enough to take a "B" section belt. The top of the pulley should measure approximately 15mm wide.
    Thanks for that
    Ross

Hmm. Isn't it Cibie lamps that you want? I think Anthony Pearson, Vintage Bulbs in Adelaide, would re-silver the reflectors.

They do appear on Ebay France from time to time.

Good it is coming together.

Curious about the B section belt - I'm sure my R8 runs an A section, and we have the same fan pulley I think. Could be wrong of course. My belt is an 11A0865 Dayco running an Australian-made 45-amp Bosch alternator (gave up the generator decades ago).

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Hmm. Isn't it Cibie lamps that you want? I think Anthony Pearson, Vintage Bulbs in Adelaide, would re-silver the reflectors.

They do appear on Ebay France from time to time.

Good it is coming together.

Curious about the B section belt - I'm sure my R8 runs an A section, and we have the same fan pulley I think. Could be wrong of course. My belt is an 11A0865 Dayco running an Australian-made 45-amp Bosch alternator (gave up the generator decades ago).

Cheers
    Yes Cibie is correct. Check the width of the belt. A section is 15mm wide, B section is 17mm wide. The pulleys on my motor are certainly made for the B section. Thanks for the info on the lamps.
    Ross.

Belts and the terminology are suitably confusing to me - Gates no longer specify by A, B etc in their catalogue for example. My 4CV has a 13A0635, labelled A25 on the old one for the 6V alternator and a slightly different length for the water pump. These belts are 13 mm wide. My R8 uses an 11A0865 (Dayco as it happens), being 11 mm wide, as I mentioned. It's a slightly different length from the old belt from when the original generator was in place. My Citroen CX uses A11 belts for alternator and water pump but A13 is correct for the Sanden AC compressor. The A11 belts fit the A13 mm pulley profile perfectly, but sit a wee bit deeper in the groove, maintaining clearance at the bottom so perfectly usable (I guess the A13 is 1/2"). Gates and Dayco offer metric belts with a different terminology and, they say, a different profile from their 'inch-size' belts. I remain confused but at least know exactly what belts fit where on the cars I drive, at long last I'd add!

I've just spent some time changing the CX over to double pulleys for the AC compressor drive, as it is almost impossible to stop the single belt squealing, but couldn't find a 13A belt the right length. I did get exactly the length I needed in 11A, since the driven pulley effective circumference is reduced by the belt sitting deeper in the groove. My mind was certainly focussed on vee belts last week!

I'm surprised by the 17 mm belts you use.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

John, The R8G runs bigger fan pulleys and alternator pulleys to reduce the rpm on the alternator at high engine revs. The pulley section is also wider (15mm).
    Ross, the correct belt is an A37 (15mm wide).

Robert
    1971 Alpine A110 1600S
    1970 R8 Gordini R1135
    2005 Megane 225 Cup
    2015 Koleos Expression

Thanks Robert. Always pleased to learn. 15 mm is quite a big belt.

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

Brianbcs,
    Here are some photos of the lenses. Let me knowR1135 parts needed-cibie-lens-4.jpgR1135 parts needed-cibie-lens1.jpgR1135 parts needed-cibie-lens2.jpgR1135 parts needed-cibie-lens3.jpg
    1971 Alpine A110 1600S
    1970 R8 Gordini R1135
    2005 Megane 225 Cup
    2015 Koleos Expression

Hi Ross.
    I just reconditioned my front reflectors on my Barn Find 'BARNIE' They were 50% rusted, silver gone etc. Firstly I cut out the hard goo that seals the lens into the reflector, then with different grades of emery paper sanded back the reflectors finishing of with 800 grade. Then down to the local car wrapping boys and bought 2sq feet of CHROME wrap. Back home experiment with newspaper until you get a wrinkle free combination when you lay it into the reflector then repeat using the CHROME wrap. Seal lens in using silastic, let it dry, hook up the bulbs to a battery, and presto, works like a newbie. Total COST about $10. And if you're worried that the heat from the bulbs might damage your good work, I used the theory, if the CHROME wrap can go onto a bonnet of a metal car and survive years of 40degree heat etc, then why wouldn't it last in the reflector situation?
    R1135 parts needed-dscn1617.jpgR1135 parts needed-dscn1620.jpg
    Cheers
    Phil
    Attachment 103065

Quote Originally Posted by rosbosca View Post
    Hi everybody,
    Looking for 3 headlights or where to have mine restored. One 140mm dia concave glass & two 180mm dia concave glass. Also the pulley drive on the alternator, this being 17mm dia hole. The part # in the Gordini spareparts catalogue is 8703331. Prepared to buy a non working unit if need be.

Thanks
    ross
    JohnW and Brianbcs like this.

Thread Information