• Help
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 504 Early Style French Seats Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Esscargo306 View Post
    Are these what you are looking for

Attachment 102329
    Thanks Escargo,
    Graham and Beano are correct. The seats you have are from a later car. So, not the ones I was after but thank you anyway. I'll pass. My car already has similar seats (or the same maybe) in blue vinyl. They are pretty shot but the plan is to replace them with the early seats or failing my ability to mount them properly, I'll go with 505 ones probably.
    Cheers

Advertisement

Hi all,

Thanks for everyone's help and ideas.

I collected the seats from Albury today - thanks Gabor. It was a long day in the car (C5) but worth it to collect the hard to find seats.

I took a photo of one of them - needs repair work or re-covering. The plan is to re-covering them in velour once I've figured out how to mount them. I happened to pick up a heavy duty 50s Singer sewing machine from Cash Converters for $50 a few days ago so will have a crack at it myself...what could go wrong ☺️?

504 Early Style French Seats Wanted-img_20180103_195217231.jpg

VIP Sponsor

Hopefully you got the runners with the seats. If so remove the complete locally made frames first. If you don't have the runners etc. it will be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Beestees View Post
    Hello, I'm Brad from Adelaide, I'm after the exact Tan vinyl seats you have for my '71 504, if James S doesn't take them, my dark Green interior is pretty much shot, so I'm wanting to change it all to Tan.
    I'd be very interested in any bits you may have, seats front and rear and door cards.
    Cheers
    Brad
    (Beestees)
    Hey Brad I have a full set of seats but the vinyl is quite fragile but happy to talk if you want

Tadpole

Hi, thanks for your reply, I think it's going to be pretty hard to find forty six year old vinyl upholstery in good condition, so I'll probably just have to get mine re-upholstered, I think there's a Tan vinyl that's reasonably close to the original.
    I don't suppose you'd have a set of Tan door cards?
    Brad
    [email protected] (if you'd rather PM)

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Hopefully you got the runners with the seats. If so remove the complete locally made frames first. If you don't have the runners etc. it will be difficult.
    Hi Graham,
    I did get two C shaped pieces that look to be the runners with each seat. The seat moves along these when adjusted back and forward. I assume that these slot into "rails" or bolt to the floor.
    Cheers

VIP Sponsor

If complete these will bolt to the side rails and tunnel after you remove the locally made frames. There should be a hinged bracket at the front of the seat that bolts to the floor.

Just out of interest, I think the early seats that some are after were in the 1970 and 1971 504s in Australia. The one in Esscargo's picture is, I think , from a 1972 504. From 1973 on, if I remember correctly, were all tombstone seats except for the 1980 ones as per the following picture. The 1980 seats look similar to the 1972 (?) ones but are actually different, and very comfortable. 504 Early Style French Seats Wanted-img_1465.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    If complete these will bolt to the side rails and tunnel after you remove the locally made frames. There should be a hinged bracket at the front of the seat that bolts to the floor.
    Thanks again Graham. I have the hinged part - not sure if it detaches easily anyway. It'll be a while before I do anything with them. Too much other stuff to do first.

Peter - my car is an 80 model (pretty certain of this), so it has those comfy seats already, with stuffed vinyl.
    Peter Chisholm likes this.

VIP Sponsor

If its an 80 model I know nothing about that, may not have the local frame fitted.

Those 1980 seats have different mountings but, presumably, wouldn't be hard to modify.

Quote Originally Posted by Beestees View Post
    Hi, thanks for your reply, I think it's going to be pretty hard to find forty six year old vinyl upholstery in good condition, so I'll probably just have to get mine re-upholstered, I think there's a Tan vinyl that's reasonably close to the original.
    I don't suppose you'd have a set of Tan door cards?
    Brad
    [email protected] (if you'd rather PM)
    Sorry door cards are very average

1000+ Posts

Velour seats came in Renault Virage....504 specials...the were Renault seats...peugeot guy saw them in 79 ish....they are Renault seats...get them out....vinyl trim on same seats prior to that...one make had horizontal stitching...Renault vertical...if my grey matter "Swerving " me correctly...

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L22 using aussiefrogs mobile app

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

1979/80 504 seats bolt straight to the floor, bolts through the rails, in the same way 505 seats are attached. Which is why 505 seats can be easily fitted to late 504s.

I have fitted late 504 seats to a 1977 504 by bolting them to the frame, this worked ok but the seats sat too high.

I expect James to have some difficulty fitting his early seats to his late 504!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information