WTB 504 drive shafts
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default WTB 504 drive shafts

I am looking to buy 504 rear drive shafts that are either NOS, good used or reconditioned to replace the front drive shafts on my 505 Dangel 4x4.

Advertisement

It uses a 504 diff to drive the front wheels and the right hand side shaft is damaged because I failed to service it after a lot of water crossings on Cape York Trip two years ago. Stupid of me. I did everything else but neglected the shafts.

at the same time I will replace front and rear wheel bearings and seals but they should be available from CBC, hopefully.
    thanks Graham

I have some ,they are heavy and I think post costs would be very high to Gladstone, but if nothing closer turns up I could get a quote.
    Peugeot 504 Rally car V6
    Peugeot 504 LTI
    Peugeot 504 Ti
    Citroen SM
    Citroen Light 15
    Peugeot 406 SV 5 speed
    Peugeot 307 Wagon
    Toyota Land Criuser V8 Super charged ( to tow the rally car )
    Rally with www.AMSAG.com.au

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Rally View Post
    I have some ,they are heavy and I think post costs would be very high to Gladstone, but if nothing closer turns up I could get a quote.
    Many thanks. I have been able to source 2x NOS drive shafts.

we are taking the ones out of Dangel to check the length as at this stage we are not sure if it has 504 or 505 drive shafts. Should know more this afternoon. My Dangel is a 505 but someone told me years ago that the front diff was a 504 turned backwards.

i have a 505 sedan which I could take the drive shafts out of if indeed the 504 ones are not correct.
    Regards Graham

505 and 504 diffs have the same dimensions.

505 driveshafts are longer because of the wider rear hubs on 505s, so the probability is that your driveshafts are 505 ones.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Beano View Post
    505 and 504 diffs have the same dimensions.

505 driveshafts are longer because of the wider rear hubs on 505s, so the probability is that your driveshafts are 505 ones.
    I reckon you might be correct. Will know tomorrow. Thanks Graham

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Dangel 1 View Post
    I reckon you might be correct. Will know tomorrow. Thanks Graham
    Murphy's Law. My advice from the Dangel engineers is that the front drive shafts on my Dangel are not common to a 504 or 505 but rather special ones especially for Dangel and the left is different to the right.
    i have two on the way from France. Ouch
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Dangel 1 View Post
    I am looking to buy 504 rear drive shafts that are either NOS, good used or reconditioned to replace the front drive shafts on my 505 Dangel 4x4.

It uses a 504 diff to drive the front wheels and the right hand side shaft is damaged because I failed to service it after a lot of water crossings on Cape York Trip two years ago. Stupid of me. I did everything else but neglected the shafts.

at the same time I will replace front and rear wheel bearings and seals but they should be available from CBC, hopefully.
    thanks Graham
    Front wheel bearings on Lael's dangel were the same as 505 rear wheel bearings I bought skf ones from local bearing shop
    A drive shaft shop should be able to reco the old ones

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by craig latta View Post
    Front wheel bearings on Lael's dangel were the same as 505 rear wheel bearings I bought skf ones from local bearing shop
    A drive shaft shop should be able to reco the old ones
    thanks Craig.
    i have two fully reconditioned Dangel drive shafts on their way from Dangel in France.

wheel bearings I will source locally. Lewin Partridge has them in stock.
    many thanks Graham

Thread Information