Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard W
  • 1 Post By djvu205
  • 1 Post By djvu205

Thread: WTB: Parts to suit 1989 1.9 GTI

Tadpole

Default WTB: Parts to suit 1989 1.9 GTI

Hey guys,

New member here, although I have already met a number of you in person since I recently picked up my very first 205 GTI last month. I will be putting up a build thread of my car once I get some time, but right now I'm in the thick of it and am after some bits.

SORTED - Complete new or refurbished set of driveshafts. My head is spinning at the differences through the years, so much so that I'm not confident in ordering online. Does anyone have a set they know will definitely work on a locally delivered '89 1.9 GTI?

- Coin tray and lid from the top of the dash. Needs to be in anthracite.

SORTED - Original radio to suit '89 model.

SORTED - new rear drum brake spring kit and adjusters.

- Italian 15" speedlines. Only need two, but open to whatever is available.

Please let me know if you can help. I'm located in Melbourne, but willing to pay for postage.

Thanks,

Advertisement

Vinny
    Last edited by vinnytang; 9th October 2017 at 03:58 PM.

1000+ Posts

I have the driveshafts and coin tray however i am in Brisbane if you get stuck.
    jr20516v

Now:
    Honda EP3 supercharged , 205 GTi 1.9, Exige SC [modded], 205 Si., Colt Ralliart [ highly modded ]

Previous: 205 x33 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2

Tadpole

PM sent.

Oh I think its worth mentioning that I have the 'BE3' gearbox...I think. It has the reverse under 5th gear.

For the stereo you need to look for a Eurovox 6630. If you search eBay and Gumtree they come up reasonably frequently as they were also fitted to Holden Berlinas of the period. Alternatively, the Si had a Eurovox 6615 which looks the same except it has a tone control instead of separate treble and bass, no fader, and 2 x 7.5w power (hence the '15' in the model number) instead of 4 x 7.5w. There are a couple of Si's being broken at the moment. I think at least one had the stereo available. Go Audio in Melbourne can provide a PIN for them if that has been lost.

Another option that looks close to correct is something like a Eurovox 6330 that looks similar but has a 3.5mm input on the front so you could plug in a phone or MP3 player: eg https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/crai...den/1148333917
    vinnytang likes this.

baz87gti has driveshafts

205 gti parts for sale

I have new rear drums, linings and cylinders etc
    87205gti likes this.

Tadpole

Awesome, so just to check the driveshafts on the series 1/BE1 would be the same as the ones in mine?

Also, I just need a new spring kit and star adjusters. I have slaves and shoes that are going in, thought I might as well replace all the other hardware. Turns out I'm having a hard time tracking down these bits. Do you have those parts in new condition?

Thanks, Vinny.

i have some series 1 drive shafts Vinny.

$100 for both they look good,boots are supple and no cracks so at least they have had grease on them in storage.
    give me a buzz mate
    vol pot is scratchy and needs some contact cleaner or wd40 sprayed in it
    i did it about 10 years ago and its just now started to do it again.
    Bazz

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytang View Post
    Awesome, so just to check the driveshafts on the series 1/BE1 would be the same as the ones in mine?

Also, I just need a new spring kit and star adjusters. I have slaves and shoes that are going in, thought I might as well replace all the other hardware. Turns out I'm having a hard time tracking down these bits. Do you have those parts in new condition?

Thanks, Vinny.
    I'm pretty sure s3 are the only driveshafts that are different to the rest. si, s1 and s2 driveshafts are the same. I'll dig out the brake bits in next few days. They are literally still attached to the trailing arms. They were new, put on a car for rwc then removed.
    vinnytang likes this.

Tadpole

OK that's good to know. Please let me know about the brake hardware.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytang View Post
    OK that's good to know. Please let me know about the brake hardware.

Thanks!
    You could leave these all together and bolt the whole assembly onto yours. I will include backing plate. New wheel brgs, machined drums New linings and wheel cylinders both sides. $150 plus post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTB: Parts to suit 1989 1.9 GTI-img_20170711_200146554.jpg   WTB: Parts to suit 1989 1.9 GTI-img_20170711_200057279.jpg   WTB: Parts to suit 1989 1.9 GTI-img_20170711_200042160.jpg  

Tadpole

BUMP.

Found everything except a grey coin tray. Please let me know if anyone has a spare! Its killing me everytime I look at the dash!

Thanks in advance.

Thread Information