WTB Xsara 2L Radiator and hoses
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default WTB Xsara 2L Radiator and hoses

Radiator needed for 1998 model Xsara with 2L engine.
    If I can find a radiator to suit I would also like to source 2 new heater hoses.

Advertisement

I have one from 2001 VTS which is in excellent condition. You would need to check whether it is compatible for your vehicle. This unit has, what do you call it, the plastic filler on the side.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Current: 205 GTI, 407 SV
    The Family: Citrun DS3
    For Sale: Megane III

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by givita_burl View Post
    I have one from 2001 VTS which is in excellent condition. You would need to check whether it is compatible for your vehicle. This unit has, what do you call it, the plastic filler on the side.
    Please check your pm's.

Fellow Frogger

If it's relevant here, you may find auto and manual radiators are different as the auto versions often have provision for a cooler connection and possible some extra baffling inside the end tanks. You can unpick the crimping to take the end tanks off and reseal them or even swap them if that's the limit of the problem, but they do become brittle with age.

Tadpole

Thank you for the tip David. My tks have become brittle. Also my radiator has the extra connection for the oil cooler (for the auto box?).

Can you tell me if the shape of the radiators vary across years? i.e. Is givita_burl's 2001 VTS radiator likely to fit my 4 door auto if the VTS is also an auto?

These things are pretty disposable these days. Call Carrevelle Imports in Box Hill - you might be surprised at what a new one will cost.

Tadpole

Thank you to everyone who offered advice and suggestions. After reviewing issues with the car that will need attention in the not too distant future I have decided to de-register it. I have arranged a deal with a scrap dealer to collect it. He will not be parting it out but will send it for scrap only. As such he will not care if internal items such as the Sony Radio cassette are removed.
    The windscreen wipers were a recent purchase and these may be of use to someone.
    New engine mounts were fitted only 8 months ago.
    If someone wants the complete vehicle just offer more than the scrap bloke ($150) and it's yours.
    Note that it does not have a radiator but I have located one that suits if required.

Tadpole

Car went to scrap today so no longer available. Given ongoing costs would outstrip the value of the car many times over it was the best decision. My regret is that a tree did not fall on it in last week's bad weather. If you can believe it she was insured for over $5,000!!!

Thread Information