1961 citroen engine top filter element wanted
  • Register
  • Help

Default 1961 citroen engine top filter element wanted

I was curious about under that top green cover, so I removed yesterday. It was totally coved with black filth. I sprayed de-greaser and cork part broke off slightly. I know for sure it is not doing much but If I can get new one, I would like to replace it.
    Please let me know if you have good condition one or if you know where I can find this. Part number is 457295.
    Please see pic.
    Thank you.
    1961 citroen engine top filter element wanted-id19-filter-element.jpg

Advertisement
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Just wash it in petrol and blow it out is probably the best bet. If the cork gaskets are no good. Just use a "form-a-gasket" type sealer. It is after all not only trying to force any crankcase fumes out through the filter rather than the gasket around it. I imagine the overall difference of have this in place would be bugger all

BTW: You local autoparts shop will sell cork/paper gasket sheets too. So you can just cut your own out.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Last edited by DoubleChevron; 21st January 2014 at 01:30 PM.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    Just wash it in petrol and blow it out is probably the best bet. If the cork gaskets are no good. Just use a "form-a-gasket" type sealer. It is after all not only trying to force any crankcase fumes out through the filter rather than the gasket around it. I imagine the overall difference of have this in place would be bugger all

BTW: You local autoparts shop will sell cork/paper gasket sheets too. So you can just cut your own out.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Hello, Shane, Thanks.
    Yeah, I think that is a good idea. Maybe I should block it completely.Should I use blue silicon type gasket seal to bond them together?

By the way that break calliper I serviced are slightly leaking( I think...it is break fluid...) But I will not going to do anything about it for a while.
    When I opened them up, I noticed groove where big o-ring fit was heavily pitted. I thought I should have put silicon to fill the uneven surface. I did not change o-ring because they looked fine and also It was hard for me to find it + determine which O-ring is compatible with RR363 fluid. I use some generic hose on one section of return hose and I can see the hose is sweating occasionally. I have tested many hoses by leaving small section in the Jar of RR363 liquid thinking bad one will melt... I guess that is not the case... I have got proper brake fluid hose on ebay and I used it on one section and no sweating effect.

Do you have any thoughts about this?

Thanks
    1961 Citroen ID19(2010~), Holden Frontera(R.I.P 2002-2014), Honda Accord EURO(2006~)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

You need to find EPDM seals and hoses. I'm not sure the best place to find them sadly
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information