WTD: Reno 10 Tyres // 135SR15 MICHELIN ZX Radials
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger! Gordini Pervert's Avatar

Icon4 WTD: Reno 10 Tyres // 135SR15 MICHELIN ZX Radials

Specifically 2: 135SR15 MICHELIN ZX Radial
    Call or SMS Sam 0411 568 949 - I wont reply to this thread

Advertisement

Payment or swap for parts - main reason I want to sell my Reno 10 - so I need to get it tip top before sale...

or any cheap tyres>? anything people??

I want to get this thing running!!

You can sometimes order new ones through a tyre outlet (like Bob Jane). Michelin seem to do a run of these tyres every so often under their "vintage" program. Sometimes they are available, mostly not. A good tyre place should be able to chase them through Michelin Australia. I believe the vintage tyre division is based in the UK for some reason, or was, last time I chased it probably 5 yrs ago now.

I understand your predictament, but be aware with secondhand tyres that tyres have a defined shelf life of around 7yrs. I've got spares, but they are 15 yrs old minimum. I wouldn't use them on the road but they are handy for having the car mobile to push in and out of the garage etc so chasing secondhand tyres in this case, most people's spares would be at least as old as mine.
    KB

Quote Originally Posted by renault8&10 View Post
    You can sometimes order new ones through a tyre outlet (like Bob Jane). Michelin seem to do a run of these tyres every so often under their "vintage" program. Sometimes they are available, mostly not. A good tyre place should be able to chase them through Michelin Australia. I believe the vintage tyre division is based in the UK for some reason, or was, last time I chased it probably 5 yrs ago now.

I understand your predictament, but be aware with secondhand tyres that tyres have a defined shelf life of around 7yrs. I've got spares, but they are 15 yrs old minimum. I wouldn't use them on the road but they are handy for having the car mobile to push in and out of the garage etc so chasing secondhand tyres in this case, most people's spares would be at least as old as mine.
    That's exactly right. I could swap the spare from my 4CV but it is starting micro-cracking on the walls. It is fine as my spare and for limited slow use, on a 4CV that is, but I couldn't in conscience pass it on.

Why not get some much cheaper Nankangs or Firestones for its sale?
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Hi Sam,

Text message with pics sent.

Cheers

Anthony
    Current Frogs:

1964 Renault 8 (1289 / Sonics)
    1968 Renault 10 (Modified 1.4L Alpine White)

Longstone Tyres in the UK were doing deals on classic Michelins some time ago. About 12months ago I bought a set of 145/15 XZXs for my father in laws R8G. 4 tyres and 5 Michelin tubes landed in 4 days for $660 AUD

Now 93 Pounds each for your 135/15 ZX (approx $170 AUD) with our poorer exchange rate.

I know of quite a few using the Nankangs, and they have been OK, but buy the 145s as the 135s are too skinny. About $100 ea.
    Last edited by alan moore; 8th January 2014 at 03:12 PM.
    '56 Renault 750 (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    Ď02 and Ď03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee +

thanks for all your help guys - bought some off Anthony and now they look great with some paint and tyre black!

Thread Information