1973 Alpine A310 VF 4 cylinder 1600 'brake' parts
  • Register
  • Help

Default 1973 Alpine A310 VF 4 cylinder 1600 'brake' parts

Greetings to one and all.

I have a rather curious problem to which I hope readers will be able to help me.

Does anyone have any idea as to what brakes the A310 VF is interchangeable with?

My problem: I'm missing those pesky little 'shims', 'springs', 'backing plates' and 'clips' that hold the actual brake calipers into the brake cage (or bracket). I've been informed that they are the same for both the front and rear brake calipers.

Advertisement

I tried looking on the net for 'interchangeable', 'compatible' even 'crossover' for Alpine A310 parts in general, however, I've found nothing that mentions anything about Alpines and parts they used from other manufactures. Surely Alpine must of used brake systems from the likes of Renault.....

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.

Many thanks,

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Number6 View Post

I have a rather curious problem to which I hope readers will be able to help me.

Does anyone have any idea as to what brakes the A310 VF is interchangeable with?

My problem: I'm missing those pesky little 'shims', 'springs', 'backing plates' and 'clips' that hold the actual brake calipers into the brake cage (or bracket). I've been informed that they are the same for both the front and rear brake calipers.

I tried looking on the net for 'interchangeable', 'compatible' even 'crossover' for Alpine A310 parts in general, however, I've found nothing that mentions anything about Alpines and parts they used from other manufactures. Surely Alpine must of used brake systems from the likes of Renault.....

Many thanks,

John.
    I think their from an Renault 16 for Alpine A310/4. 16TS are 48mm, 16TX 54mm. Attached is a picture of the Renault 16TS caliper on bracket to confirm with yours. I have spare shims & clips if required.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1973 Alpine A310 VF 4 cylinder 1600 'brake' parts-p1000093.jpg   1973 Alpine A310 VF 4 cylinder 1600 'brake' parts-p1000096.jpg  

Fellow Frogger!

Hi John,

I also have a VF.
    If original, front rotors should be solid, and yes, as Sarosa said, the same as R16, or R12. (rear clips,etc are the same as front )
    The VE had vented front rotors, same as R17 TL/TS etc.

As far as common parts, no listings AFAIK, but a lot in my head. (or trace original part numbers )
    Best way is to think of Renault and to some extent Peugeot and even Citroen and Simca of the same era for most mass produced parts.

Hope this helps.

Steve K

Greetings Steve K.

Yep, they are solid rotors all right. The Alpine is basically in original specification with the exception that its fuel injection system was ditched in favour of a 'twin' Webber set up. I've asked Sarosa about the possibility of purchasing those brake bitz. Renault 12 and 16's were brought into New Zealand but as time goes on, spares for these are near to impossible to get now. It doesn't help that there is no Renault club here anymore.

Cheers Steve,

John.

Greetings Sarosa.

Many thanks for you reply. I did wonder about the R12 and R16 brakes. Frans has given me some parts but not enough to make a full set of 4. I'd be very interested in purchasing those brake items from you provided that it didn't compromise your stock for keeping your fleet going (...or stopping)

I acquired the Alpine with its brakes attached (by the brake hoses only.... actually) and it came with the proverbial "Box of bitz".... Yeah, I know I should have checked the car and the contents of the box thoroughly. One day I'll learn that lesson too! Needless to say, I'm missing those vital brake pieces. The pictures you posted do look like the cradles I have. Let me know what I can get from you and how much you wish to sell them too Sarosa.

Cheers,

John.

John,

Can you identify which part numbers & the quantity you need from the attached pic and I'll check what I've got.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1973 Alpine A310 VF 4 cylinder 1600 'brake' parts-r16-brake-parts.jpg  

To "Number6"
    There is a South Island Renault Club, based in Christchurch.
    Unfortunately I have sold off all my R12 spares, so can't help you with the brakes.

Henry

Greetings Sarosa.

Parts are: 77 01 010 578 x8
    77 01 017 206 x4
    77 01 017 207 x4
    77 01 001 447 x8
    77 01 001 445 x8

Many thanks Sarosa for any help (and parts) you're able to provide. As mentioned, the Alpine's brakes were hanging by their hoses and the brake pad 'cradles' were taken out and repainted.... I do have those! Just wish I knew were all the other parts went to....

John

Greetings rubyalpine.

I'll have to check the Christchurch club out. Do you have an e-mail address or a contact for them at all? No worries about the R12 spares. I do appreciate your kind thoughts. Maybe I too can one day return the favour and help those in need.

Many thanks Henry.

John.

Hi John,
    Just google: renaultcarclub.org.nz

Henry

Greetings rubyalpine.

Have been to that web address... It led to http://www.renaultcarclub.co.nz/. It seems that it hasn't been updated since 2011. I have e-mailed [email protected] to see what the story is.

Thanks Henry,

John.

John,

I can send you 77 01 017 206 x 2 & 77 01 017 207 x 2. I'll also send you one 77 01 001 447 which you can look at and should easily be able to obtain from any brake place perhaps even a hardware store, they are just a basic pin clip. With 77 01 001 445 x8 (The anti-rattle clips) try Caravelle imports, http://www.caravelleimports.com.au/contact.htm ,they might have them, I'd say they are probably readily available. That'll set you up with just needing to source 2 more each of 77 01 017 206/207. PM me your address and I'll send them to you.

Tadpole

Default Brakes

Go go to http://www.simon-auto.de/pdf/alpine_kap13.pdf
    for brake parts.

Cheers

Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by Number6 View Post

Many thanks,

John.

Thread Information