WTB: Renault 1.4L (847) Conrod bolt
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default WTB: Renault 1.4L (847) Conrod bolt

Epic fail on the weekend, new torque wrench, long story short I'm now after a big end bolt as I managed to snap one. I've done the ring around, no joy as of yet. Does anyone have any spares? I'll be more then happy with a second hand one as I'm pretty sure that's all I'm going to get.

Advertisement

Christian

You know the set of draws where the oil pump came from.....?
    There's two 1.4 engines' worth of parts in there.

I'd also try searching the racer industries site to see if ARP do a competition bolt that is suitable.
    That's where the mini guys get the ARP rod bolts from - I believe one of the Ford V8 engines uses a similar bolt, so a lot of guys buy the ford parts and get two engines' worth of bolts - sort of buy one, get one free! That's for mini's though, not sure about Renaults.

EDIT - Rocket Industries, not racer industries
    KB
    Last edited by renault8&10; 18th February 2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: incorrect supplier quoted
    KB

Fellow Frogger!

I had a look at ARP, couldn't see anything that would obviously work. The Renault ones are a bit strange, M9 thread and the shank has a slight taper on it. Funnily enough they cost 1.5 euros in France but cost a lot more then that to get them here. I'll have a look at Rocket industries but if you feel like parting with one that would be fantastic. Just put it on my tab....

Thread Information