air conditioner compressor bracket for Peugeot 505 2.5ltr diesel engine
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default air conditioner compressor bracket for Peugeot 505 2.5ltr diesel engine

I am installing an under dash air conditioning unit to my 505 wagon. I am in need of a bracket to hold the compressor and if possible a good working compressor although I am sure a new universal compressor can be found. Can anyone help? As mentioned above the car has a 2.5ltr turbo intercooled engine. Regards Graham

Advertisement

Universal compressors will work fine. Just make sure the suction and discharge ports are the straight entry, male flare type, ie parallel to the rear of the compressor.

The mounting lugs are on the sump. Two additional slotted flat brackets are needed. Replace the pivot bolts on the sump with M10 cap screws to avoid installation temper tantrums.

Apologies but I don't have the brackets but may be able to hunt up some images if needed.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Universal compressors will work fine. Just make sure the suction and discharge ports are the straight entry, male flare type, ie parallel to the rear of the compressor.

The mounting lugs are on the sump. Two additional slotted flat brackets are needed. Replace the pivot bolts on the sump with M10 cap screws to avoid installation temper tantrums.

Apologies but I don't have the brackets but may be able to hunt up some images if needed.
    Thanks for the info Rob. If it is not too much trouble some images would be great. I appreciate it. Regards Graham

Thread Information