HRA Hill Climb at Haunted Hills.
  • Help

Default HRA Hill Climb at Haunted Hills.

HRA ran a hill climb at Haunted Hills on Saturday 3/9. It was a great day! Weather was perfect and there was a good turn out of cars and competitors.

The French fraternity was adequately represented by 1 x 505, 2 x 405s and a 205Si.

Pleased to sat that I didn't disgrace myself. Car performed well and wound up finishing 12th just behind Bill's twin turbo 505.

Advertisement

The day started slowly - on the first un-timed lap, a midget munched the inside wall on the exit of turn 1. All the preparation for the day and he completed about 80m of racing - and that was never going to be timed. OOPS.

I thought they were only going to run 3 timed laps in the afternoon so put my car on the trailer after the 3rd. Should have kept the car in the park as the organizers squeezed in a 4th lap. If I had kept consistent with the other cars around me I would have finished 10th. Not to worry, had heaps of fun and the car is still in one piece.

Bill's red turbo V6 always takes people by surprise when they haven't seen it shred rear tyres before. Pleased to say that people still underestimate my lowly 405 too.

Next time out should see my car on a new set of Dunlops and slightly larger road diameter.

Thanks to the organizers and the other competitors that made the day enjoyable.
    racing 405
    1:59:09 last time at Phillip Island - less than standard Mi16.

I remember the old Morwell track well it was always a great day's racing I've been to Haunted hills as a spectator the Morwell car club has done themselves proud with the new layout.
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by racing405 View Post
    HRA ran a hill climb at Haunted Hills on Saturday 3/9. ... Car performed well and wound up finishing 12th just behind Bill's twin turbo 505....Bill's red turbo V6 always takes people by surprise when they haven't seen it shred rear tyres before. Pleased to say that people still underestimate my lowly 405 ....
    Well done, a great result both for you and Bill. Hillclimbing a RWD twin turbo beast like Bill's must be like riding a mechanical bull, especially if the road is tight and turny. And the 405 is not THAT lowly! It has a great platform for hill climbs and can easily mix it up with much more powerful machines. It leaves you wondering what it can do with (not much) more power.

Thread Information