24 Hours of LeMons.
  • Help

Default 24 Hours of LeMons.

Have any of you guys had a look at the race that forum member llanopa is preparing their 405Mi16 for. It is hillarious. I would love to have a go. Take a look at http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/pricesandrules.aspx

I just love the idea of being black flagged for being an idiot or poor driver!!!

$500 limit for the purchase and preparation of a car, most laps in the time wins. Just sounds like heaps of fun. I'll be keeping an eye on their progress.

I had been trying to figure out why they would stick a second hand clutch friction plate between an old pressure plate and a rusty flywheel - but the $500 limit answers the question.

They are even constrained to put rubbish tyres on their cars.

You can be disqualified for whining. Your car coulb be removed and crushed at any time - given 1/2 hour to pull any safety or portable equipment out of the car for next season.

Tempted to get over and watch.

Advertisement
    racing 405
    1:59:09 last time at Phillip Island - less than standard Mi16.

LOL!

Yeah I put up a thread about 24 hours of LeMons a few weeks ago. A mate in the Nissan club put me on to it. I had no idea a pug was going to be entered though. Will be very interested to see how it goes

Speed channel had a special on it, the penalties are hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    what is it about these cars that turn grown men into babies wanting a 2nd or 3rd identical rattle? now, wheres my wallet....

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    what is it about these cars that turn grown men into babies wanting a 2nd or 3rd identical rattle? now, wheres my wallet....

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    I had no idea a pug was going to be entered though. Will be very interested to see how it goes
    Me neither!

Excellent to see a Pug entered I'll keep an eye out for it, there's a few MR2s that will prove a challenge for them.

I've been following two X' Head teams ( East & West Coast ) for a while now and the format is very appealing, i.e. ' don't get too serious with the wallet or we'll confiscate it' Keeps the fun in, the "Index of Effluency" is the REAL winner of any Lemons race.

Go Team FunkyKong (mariokart) at Summit Point

!!!! Caution !!! non French content at the link, excellent team motto sums it up: "Strength through ignorance"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHbuvUmE5cM

Did someone say Tech Inspection !?!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93RoxQLf_Wc

Sandgroper
    Lampredi Novice
    93' 205GTi
    'don't force it son - use a bigger hammer'

Thread Information