XU extractors.
  • Help

Thread: XU extractors.

Default XU extractors.

If anyone else is in the market for a set of extractors for XU9J4 or XU10J4, drop me an email and I will send you some information on extractors I am about to buy. 4 sets available on the shelf in Holland.

Header has very short individual tubes for each port then 2 into 1 1.75"tubes approximatley 600mm longe down to the 4 into 1. Connection at that point is the torroid seal and spring loaded bolted connection just like the original engine pipe.

Cheers.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Have you actually flowed the head / exhaust?

The exhaust outflows the inlet by a large amunt. Enough to want to use a smaller cam on the exhaust.

Think your money would be better spent on the other side of the motor.
    Adrian Wuillemin

Default Head flow results.

Actually, I haven't flow tested the head, so really I don't know what it is capable of.

I think you have a handle on the engine I am building, so won't repeat myself here.

At the moment, the (almost standard) engine runs a very short exhaust with a single striaght through muffler. It is too loud for many events, but does produce a great power (torqure) curve that holds on well past 7000rpm before it drops off.

The new engine should be capable of much more, but I need to quieten it down a bit, so reducing the header restriction with better extractors should allow me to increase muffler restriction and effect without too much loss.

Not particularly scientific I know, but here's hoping.

Thread Information