Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    1000+ Posts

Default Amazing driving video-enjoy !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...vq=medium#t=35

Advertisement
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Banned

did you see the bit where he put his rear tyre in the dirt on the down below the banked track??

F.A.I.L.

I am gobsmacked, every industry/art and sport has a genius....this guy gets my vote.
    Every day when I wake up I reach up in the darkness with my eyes shut and if I cannot feel anything that resembles a wooden lid I know it will be a good day. No lid today.

UFO

Just don't ask him to keep the car on the road in a proper rally.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post

That DC shoe sponsorship has shown a lot of people some awesome driving.
    Great to see they are still doing the videos!

Fellow Frogger!

Awsome video, however my all time favorite still remains Ari Vatanen climbing pikes peak in the 405 T16, simply because he only gets one chance at it, unlike Ken Blocks' videos where he can do all stunts seperately, then edit them into one clip.
    Very entertaining driving none the less !!!!

Edit - I'm sure it has been posted before, but here it is just in case anyone has not seen it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJsHlugRls4

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    At 1:25 he clips the wall quite hard with the right rear wheel...... on only the second turn!

I am not saying I could do better but this gives a very unrealistic idea of what skillful driving is. I am sure that the car was checked several times during the filming for damage and shredded tyres but when it is spliced together this is not shown. The idea that you could virtually melt the rubber off the rims and then return to the highspeed circuit is just plain dangerous.

I can just see some hoon in an old commodore smoking his tyres and then streaking off down some suburban streets. Not to be encouraged.

And what is it with "drifting" ????

(I am old and grumpy)
    Michael
    Member, Citroen Car Club NSW

DS23 Pallas 5 sp. "Francoise" , BX19TRi Auto "Jacques Dutronc" , Teardrop Trailer "The Toad", BMW R65 "Rosamund"
    In the past: Renault 750, Dauphine, R4, R8, R10, Peugeot 504 Familiale, ID 19 (x2), Safari (x2)

Haters will hate, I'm certainly not nearly as good as him. But as said before, put him in a real rally car on a rally and he is very ordinary. Check the tyre marks on the ground to see how many times he attempted/practiced. Video is obviously heavily edited. Good at his showman-ship, but no driving god.
    2006 Peugeot 206 Xt
    1991 Toyota mx83 grande 1jzgte

also old video is old.
    2006 Peugeot 206 Xt
    1991 Toyota mx83 grande 1jzgte

Default Are you Impressed ??

Guys are you always in Awe of people who show off ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJaMUi8QNKY

Watch this and then tell me you are not impressed. This guy is a joke. Last year he broke plenty cars as well, with stupid errors, which you can't edit out, as when you make a Hollywood Movie.

Take Care,

Ray geckoeng

Banned

if KB is a joke because he crashed a car in a rally, what does that make robert kubica? he must be a complete and utter, hopeless loser.

mlb

The problem with KB is that he believes his own PR. Highly over rated.

Matt
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

Banned

here he is with some other overrated loser. both as slow as each other! embarrassing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeREk3b11bY&NR=1

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    here he is with some other overrated loser. both as slow as each other! embarrassing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeREk3b11bY&NR=1
    Lol. That's not rallying. And Kimis performance in the sport hasn't been all the stellar either.
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    Lol. That's not rallying. And Kimis performance in the sport hasn't been all the stellar either.
    oh of course. racing 300 hp 4wd hatches around a tarmac track is dead easy. kimi raikkonen was never any good at that joke tarmac racing anyway. like i said, both as slow as each other.

i reckon any aussie amateur pine forest rally driver in a datto 1600 could thrash them. they just cant be bothered, and prefer staying at home rather than getting involved in that WRC rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post

Edit - I'm sure it has been posted before, but here it is just in case anyone has not seen it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJsHlugRls4
    Brilliant.

I had seen the KB footage a while back and, as others here have said it, while fun to watch it all seemed too slick and edited, while this Pike's Peak Footage makes my (non-existent) hair stand on end, It reminds me of Hemingway's quote "there are only three sports, bullfighting, mountain climbing and motor racing, the rest are just games", the rationale being that in these threethe participants are actually facing death: KB is just playing games; Ari Vatanen is playing with death

Banned

yes it sure look like a long way down if you go off the road on Pike's Peak. mind you, i was thinking that in relation to the to Targa Tasmania, while driving out of Queenstown several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    Awsome video, however my all time favorite still remains Ari Vatanen climbing pikes peak in the 405 T16, simply because he only gets one chance at it, unlike Ken Blocks' videos where he can do all stunts seperately, then edit them into one clip.
    Very entertaining driving none the less !!!!
    +1

Block is a bit of a mug with an awesome sponsorship deal.

Practice or not, that is good driving.
    It's all clearly for show and he ain't winnin no rallies!
    Good driving I tells ya.

Quote Originally Posted by chez00 View Post
    +1

Block is a bit of a mug with an awesome sponsorship deal.
    Helps when you own the company.

Fruit images shown are illustrative of flavour only and are not ingredients of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by geckoeng View Post
    Guys are you always in Awe of people who show off ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJaMUi8QNKY

Watch this and then tell me you are not impressed. This guy is a joke. Last year he broke plenty cars as well, with stupid errors, which you can't edit out, as when you make a Hollywood Movie.

Take Care,

Ray geckoeng
    I've tried to start this with a witty retort but really what a stupid error. It's a graded road so the berms will flip you up. The guy is a You Tube hero but not really a WRC driver by a a long chalk. Co-drove with Ashlea James and when he did the RAC in a Proton Super16 car and the car didn't fall to bits, he was on pace with Seb. Seb has won 7 World titles but I don't think he would win a state round in Aus as they are 'blind' rallies IMHO.
    FFS I reckon with a few test days most of the 'sporty' drivers on Aussie Frogs could make a fist of the current WRC cars. And what with the currency exchange the 'buy a drive' never looked so good! Patrick?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEEE View Post
    Helps when you own the company.
    Well well well, thanks for the tipoff.
    No wonder he has so much time to practice circlework.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Shoes

I see a lot of DC shoes out there and quicksilver doesn't buy companies for peanuts....

Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    At 1:25 he clips the wall quite hard with the right rear wheel...... on only the second turn!

And what is it with "drifting" ????

(I am old and grumpy)
    nah he tagged that wall on purpose. ever seen videos from ebisu, they do it there too, its a drifting thing.

"And what is it with "drifting"???, its fun, nothing else to it than that, same reason why people play football. Have a ride along at a track and you will discover its appeal.

Dont miss understand me, im not saying its funner or better than circuit racing or rallying, but it is a laugh.

(michael you're not that grumpy )

Kens pretty good at sliding a car about for fun, but i would like to see sebastian loeb or marcus gronholm have a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    what is it about these cars that turn grown men into babies wanting a 2nd or 3rd identical rattle? now, wheres my wallet....

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    oh of course. racing 300 hp 4wd hatches around a tarmac track is dead easy. .....
    You will find the cars he drives in these vids have around 500+hp (530 for the subaru, 650hp for the fiesta.)

His tarmac WRC rally issues could be down to the fact the car only has 300hp....

Oh and I LOVE the sound of that motor on the limiter just before he takes off at the start. awesome!
    Lets just say we have a few pugs about!

I love this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyVHj3sHVHQ

No paddle shift and trying to keep that beast on boost shure does wonders for your footwork.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information