******SPOILER******Abu Dhabi F1 GP
  • Help
    somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

Default ******SPOILER******Abu Dhabi F1 GP

Qualifying results:

Advertisement

And here is a run down of who needs to do what to win.

http://www.formula1.com/news/feature.../11/11509.html

Jo

Barring the unexpected, Alonso will take the title.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

Quote Originally Posted by U Turn View Post
    Barring the unexpected, Alonso will take the title.
    LOL well the unexpected happened. Alonso muffed his start and he's to blame for that. Ferrari then muffed the strategy after the SC. But Alonso is the biggest turd for abusing Petrov at the end of the race. They were racing for position, did he really expect Petrov to just let him past and give his position away just because Alonso's a championship contender? Says a lot about him really, terrible sportsmanship.

Sad for Mark but what can he say..he's had the best reliability of the WDC contenders and threw it away in the last couple of races. Congrats to Vettel, youngest WDC and will be even stronger in the future. I still question his racecraft wheel to wheel, but there's no doubt that he's one of the fastest in clear air.
    Take the long way home....

- 306 gti6

I always like to think that the fastest car/driver should win the championship, and in this case, Vettel was the one. Interesting that he had not led the points up until this race. He really had the ultimate speed all year, with the usual mistakes made by the hard triers, and a few bad luck (reliability) problems keeping his points tally down.

The championship was Alonso's to throw away (where did he come from this year anyway?!) but Alonso and Webber just didnt have the pace this weekend. Was it just the track, or were they all just out for a Sunday drive? Very processional, I thought. It looked like each of the Renaults was holding up the traffic, but no-one could actually pass them so they weren't that far off the pace, but enough for the early leaders to just get further ahead. A forgettable race.

I would have loved Webber to win, but congratulations to the young Vettel.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Fellow Frogger!

Default Renault Win

I don't think that it is a co-incidence that all 4 cars with Renault engines finished in the top eight. Three Renault's were in the top six. Webber was no chance of a win from where he started. If the two yellow and black Renaults were removed from the equation then Renault's former champion, Alonso would have finished
    4th and taken the Driver's Championship. I am of the opinion that the Renault garage with nothing to win played rear-gunner for the only Renault engined driver who could win-Sebastan Vettel.
    Look at Petrov's drive which angerd Fernando. You won't hear " he made no mistakes" and "Petrov" in the same sentence very often! Kubica's drive was very, very, long on the hard rubber. If you saw him exit the pit-lane he was wildly sliding to get in front of the Petrov/Alonso tussle. He was under investigation by the stewards for crossing the white line. A drive-through penalty is the penalty imposed. There was no mention by the BBC of ANY outcome) My memory says that was with seven laps to go. A driver has 3 laps to comply with such a penalty. If Kubica had been adjudged to receive a penalty then it would have happened so late in the race that Alonso could not have benefitted.
    A good outcome for Renault. Sorry, Mark.

Cheers,

David

Thread Information