Motorkhana Training Day Video-Media Disk
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    1000+ Posts

Default Motorkhana Training Day Video-Media Disk

For those who attended & others out there...

We've got about 100 decent shots of the day & about 1/2hr of video (prolly down to 20min after chopping) from it all.

Advertisement

Wondering if you'd buy a DVD of the event & how much you'd be happy to part with?

I'm guessing a DVD video & CD of pics mailed out etc for approx $10.

Comments/Opinions?

1000+ Posts

Pic of the day:

this is dave... he was good at 1st stage. l didnt watch him next stages but l belive he is good..l didin join training day bcoz,was full..next time l belive more renault be there..

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    For those who attended & others out there...

We've got about 100 decent shots of the day & about 1/2hr of video (prolly down to 20min after chopping) from it all.

Wondering if you'd buy a DVD of the event & how much you'd be happy to part with?

I'm guessing a DVD video & CD of pics mailed out etc for approx $10.

Comments/Opinions?
    Hiya Nate - i'd love to grab a copy. I have a couple of little videos form my digi-cam, but they wouldn't be as good as those you were taking closer to the action (i was too busy being greedy ).

It'd be good to see exactly how untidy i was (at a guess - VERY ). I also have some friends who are very interested in motorkhana and im sure theyd be even more enthused if they could see what we got up to on the day.

Kriss
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

Hi Nate,

I'm also keen. Let me know your account details if you decide to go ahead and I can direct deposit.

Alternatively you could just set up a stall at your local McDonalds carpark and we could all come grab a copy.

What the deal on the CD of pics and DVD of RCCA Training Day?

Nate, is this still a goer. I believe there is sufficient interest.

Cheers

Does anyone know if a copy of ALLof the times can be sourced from RCCA for the training day? Thought a tabulated run down in Excel or somehting of all times on the six different tests could make some interesting reading.

1000+ Posts

Cheers for the responses guys.

Its definetly something i want to do & think it would benefit the club, i've just got to go through the formalities & get the relevant approvals.

We've got the monthly meeting next monday, so i'll have an answer then.

As for the times, i'll hopefully be able to get a copy & also work them into the video etc.

Ahh cheers for that Nate - Can ya let us know what happens as I might be interested in getting a DVD from the day.

Joel
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Sounds wicked. If you can get the times for the tests in too that would be sensational.

I have actually dropped Stuart Barnet from RCCA a line also and he is checking if he can issue the timesheets - something about CAMS liability and not being a sanctioned competition event. Fingers crossed....

Buy a car Joel 'STALLED' interesting 205GTI on ebay, $3k reserve

Thanks for the kind words on the 306.

1000+ Posts

Confirmed.... unfortuantely no times were recorded or can be given out, this is due to CAMS regulations... (it was a training day, not a competition day)

(you'll know better next time!)

I would like a copy, please contact me for payment details
    05 206 GTI 180
    04 407 ST
    94 306 XT

thought of putting the files up on the net via torrent files?
    '94 306 s16
    '91 RGV250
    Economics exists to keep Economists in jobs.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valentino_Rossi
    thought of putting the files up on the net via torrent files?
    It costs a lot of time (read as $$$) to prepare it, i'd rather people not steal it

As much as i'd love to just do it all & give it out, thats at the expense of my personal life & Road Runners restoration!

I'd really prefer people to pay the inital $10-15 to cover the costs etc (proceeds going to the club that put the event on & forked out for it! & a minimal fee to the vid edition people)
    So most of the funds are going to the club, which in the long run could mean there'll be more of these events held!

a year down the track i'd be less worried if a copy or two made the rounds & the people involved in making it recoup'd the costs.

Default Motorkhana on Sunday!

Hope to see all you guys at RCCA's round 1 of the NSW Motorkhana Championship on Sunday 5th March out at Nirimba (UWS/tafe Nirimba, Eastern Rd, Quakers Hill). Come and have a go! There will be 9 different tests for you to try your hand at! You will get two goes at each with your best one counting.Get there between 8.00-8.30am if you want a run.Don't talk about it.............DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewc
    Hope to see all you guys at RCCA's round 1 of the NSW Motorkhana Championship on Sunday 5th March out at Nirimba (UWS/tafe Nirimba, Eastern Rd, Quakers Hill). Come and have a go! There will be 9 different tests for you to try your hand at! You will get two goes at each with your best one counting.Get there between 8.00-8.30am if you want a run.Don't talk about it.............DO IT!!!!!!!!!
    umm... forgot bout this and i need to join a club before i can have a go... anyone know anyone in the pug club of nsw that can help me join up instantly?!?

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enthused!
    umm... forgot bout this and i need to join a club before i can have a go... anyone know anyone in the pug club of nsw that can help me join up instantly?!?
    We dont mind if you join the RCCA
    you dont HAVE to own a Renault to be a member!

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    We dont mind if you join the RCCA
    you dont HAVE to own a Renault to be a member!
    I HAD a renault once..

dunno if you guys'd wan't me

ok then - where do i sign?? is there an express lane??

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enthused!
    I HAD a renault once..
    dunno if you guys'd wan't me
    ok then - where do i sign?? is there an express lane??
    The car club can sell you both CAMS & Club licences on the day

So just rock up in a car!

PM me for more details

Nate, I have already expressed my interest to Stewart via email for a copy of whats available of the training day, fingers crossed I can find my 306 in amongst it all somewhere.

Are you or Stewart co-ordinating it?

Re: Nirimba, is the 8-8.30am for competitors only? Was thinking of maybe coming just for a look (worried that the dry tarmac may be a bit hard on car compared to wet skid pan), what time for that? Will there be signage off Eastern Road directing to appropriate area? Are the nine test available in advance?

Enthused...maybe catch up with you sometime there if you make an appearance. I think perhaps you can get a partial discount on your CAMS licence too, based on the training day payment (thats how I remmember it anyway, I think $45 versus the normal $65)

Sorry guys cant come this weekend - Ill try and make sure im there for the next one! If i get serious about it (time depending) I might get myself some cheapy "chaser" rims and some cheap/used tyres for comp - alot easier than wearing out my road tyres and dont have to bother with messy brake dust covered hubcaps etc etc!

BTW - Thanks for reminding me...gotta send off that email about the Media Disk!

Joel
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

1000+ Posts

I've got a set of RSC MKII rims spare if someone wants to borrow them for the day!
    (Cant transport them myself in Road runner though!)

They've got rubbish HARD tyres on them (320 Tread wear!!!) & would be perfect for a khana (why i got them!)

also...
    http://test.rccaustralia.com/events/mkr1.php

Just awaiting approval & costs etc.

thanks Nate - pm sent. Quick question though: I know your car has to be roadworthy, but do you have to have good tyres? can you have really bald tyres on the back??

Quote Originally Posted by C_Balls
    Enthused...maybe catch up with you sometime there if you make an appearance. I think perhaps you can get a partial discount on your CAMS licence too, based on the training day payment (thats how I remmember it anyway, I think $45 versus the normal $65)
    C_Balls - i'll definately be there in the morning some time if not to compete, i'll at least come for a look. If you're interested, i may be going to pick up a set of steelies tomorrow (i'd feel much better if i didn't have to destroy my road tyres), you could probably take 2 if you wanted.

Oh yeah - saw your car last night on Lyons road (perfect road to park a pug i guess! )- told you i'd seen it around, i live just round the corner form where it was parked.

1000+ Posts

The tyres on the $600 paddock car i saw were pretty shot!!!

dont think there'll be issues, but you wont be driving with them, so just throw them in & ask the scruiteneer!

Do RSC rims fit on? PCD 4x100, 48.5 Offset...
    you can borrow mine if you want!

Yeh Lyons Road last night would have been me, was being lazy so we got some burger & chips from Lashings (good food for those who have not tried) - we are living over in Gladesville.

How are you getting the steelies? 14 or 15in? With or without tyres?

Damn you are making this all very tempting, can see myself turning up at 8.00am on Sunday now and getting talked into competing. Have you got the final details on cost?

I see your thought process on rear bald tyres, no rear grip - much sideways action.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Balls
    How are you getting the steelies? 14 or 15in? With or without tyres?

Damn you are making this all very tempting, can see myself turning up at 8.00am on Sunday now and getting talked into competing. Have you got the final details on cost?

I see your thought process on rear bald tyres, no rear grip - much sideways action.
    yeah i've been talked into it somehow (but then i've always been easily lead).

wheels are 14 inch - brand new, no tyres.

I'm gonna stop by a dodgy tyre place after test fitting the rims and get some really cheap second hand tyres hopefully.

PM me your number if you're interested in the wheels, and i can sort it out with you tomorrow if you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information