Motorkhana Training Day
  • Help

Default Motorkhana Training Day

If you're in Sydney on February 12, this fun day could be for you. It's organised by the Renault Car Club - so lots of French cars will be there.

I've attached a txt version of the flyer for y'all.

Moxo

Advertisement
    Attached Files Attached Files

1000+ Posts

Hmmm my post didnt happen...

This event is a MUST!!!
    http://test.rccaustralia.com/events/training_day.php

If you want to see what motorsport is about, this is a great opportunity!
    its cheap, easy & fun! available to everyone!

Even if you dont want to compete, drop by for a quick look!

I have emailed the contact and held myslef a spot. can't wait! I've been thinking bout getting into something like this for a long time... don't know if the mi16 is the perfect car for this type of event but... oh well...

1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

1000+ Posts

ANYTHING is suitable!!!

Last year at the AUSTRALIAN championships, 2 guys drove down from Newcastle & picked up a $600 honda civic (mid 70's model i think) out of a PADDOCK on the way down & ran it!

Its all technique...

A young lass in a Renault10 was quicker than one of the lads in a '02 Clio Sport too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by enthused!
    I have emailed the contact and held myslef a spot. can't wait! I've been thinking bout getting into something like this for a long time... don't know if the mi16 is the perfect car for this type of event but... oh well...

For some years I ran a JE Camira and virtually dominated the long wheelbase class. The only times I was ever beaten in that car, it was by 405s. So you'll be fine.

Yes, really. A Camira. The fun can start now - but remember - I won three National and four State class championships with that car.

Moxo

1000+ Posts

*bump*

There's about a dozen places still left!!!

If you liked Stage2 driving courses then you'll love the training day!
    Its basically the same thing, but all day long & only $45!

Dont forget there's expert instruction on hand to help you through if you're a novice!

http://test.rccaustralia.com/events/training_day.php

Hurry!

1000+ Posts

All places are filled!!!

So come on down on Sunday & have a peek at some frenchies in action!
    There's reportedly a HUGE number of pugs.

I'm gonna be there on Sunday - going with the PCC in the *very french* Commodore - should be a bit of fun out in the wet!

Should be a good day out, Ive been meaning to do this for quite a bit!

Joel
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

I might come out for a look
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing how the 205 goes on the wet surface.

Default awesome

Well it was a great day.

BIG thanks go out to Stewart and the rest of the voulenteers who gave up their sunday made it possible for us all.

Certainly the most fun i've ever had in first gear!

1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

WOW.....Such a brilliant day out!

Even though I was driving in the trusty VR Commodore, crap tyres and by the end of the day a very very shagged handbrake I have never had so much fun in a car. Being a controlled environment, there was room for mistake - it was all a learning process. The instructors were great help, certainly telling you what were the best lines, best technique and helped you with the handbrake (its hard coordinating steering and handbrake when you first start off) - By the end of each circuit I had shaved 4 seconds off my original time on the "car control" course!

I got extremely lost on the "Crazy Square" - I was so lost, If i kept on going I probably would of made it back on the M4 Infact all the courses were such brilliant fun - each needing a special technique inorder to get the best time.

Being a novice driver (Only had their P's since August) It has really taught me alot about car control in the wet and how easy it is to lose control of such a big and unforgiving car. On the way home, it was if I knew how to drive the car much better - knowing all its characteristics!

I'd like to thank the Renault Car Club of Australia and those who made yestderday such a great day out - this wont be my last motorkhana!

Joel
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

1000+ Posts

yeah twas a great day!

It was Road Runners first & last Motorkhana, its really not the event for him!
    He had only 1 case of vapour lock, after that i just parked at the front of the queue & waited (gave me a chance to film too!) And i ran the rest of the day with the engine cover off... *cough*

It was a bit messy at the start & slow, but after everyone knew what they had to do i think it ran really smoothly!

It was good to see the departure of some "unsafe" driver though, and one of the biggest surprises was the IS250!!! how quick was it!!! even without a handbrake!

There might be a media disk available from the club... we'll see what happens!

Would like to 2nd, 3rd or 4th a BIG thankyou to the RCCA including Stewart, Ted, Warwick, Andrew, Jo (sorry there were many more but cant remember all the names) for organising such a fun day. Definately gave me a greater understanding of the handling of my 306 (where were all my other breathren??)

Sensational fun , I recommend this to everyone - and like it has been said before any car can run, you WILL be surprised at how quick and well driven some cars are.

Thanks to all the other drivers as well, a genuine comaraderie (sp.) by everyone (maybe a few minor exceptions).

Can anyone out there comment on Motokhana in dry conditions? How hard is it on your car?

Is this only run once a year? Does the Peugeot Club run something similar?

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by C_Balls
    Would like to 2nd, 3rd or 4th a BIG thankyou to the RCCA including Stewart, Ted, Warwick, Andrew, Jo (sorry there were many more but cant remember all the names) for organising such a fun day. Definately gave me a greater understanding of the handling of my 306 (where were all my other breathren??)

Sensational fun , I recommend this to everyone - and like it has been said before any car can run, you WILL be surprised at how quick and well driven some cars are.

Thanks to all the other drivers as well, a genuine comaraderie (sp.) by everyone (maybe a few minor exceptions).

Can anyone out there comment on Motokhana in dry conditions? How hard is it on your car?

Is this only run once a year? Does the Peugeot Club run something similar?

PCCV in Victoria runs and supports these events throughout the year.
    Our biggest event is at DECA (Shepparton) at the end of the year where we have 40 French cars competing on the skid pan and on the road circuit.
    Graham

There's a State Championship with about 8 rounds and there's also a Group 7 series with a similar number. Group 7 is all on dirt or grass sufaces, the State Championship is mostly on tarmac / concrete.

It's a bit harder on teh car - mostly on diffs in FWD cars and it will kill tyres, of course.

I use a Mazda 323 - I bought a pair of high-performance semi-slicks for the front and use any old rubbish on the back. A pair of tyres has lasted well over a year so far.

I have to put a new gearbox in the car, though - I don't know that it's all due to motorkhanas, but that's a way to bet. Three years of them, that is - at top level.

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday - domestic plumbing disaster got in the way!

Moxo

I was out there from about 3:30pm onwards. Good to see 4 205 GTis and a 205 Si running (So this is where you're all hiding ) Good to see Poochie running as well. I definitely plan on doing some motorkhana.
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

l was there 8 am till 11 am. l seen all the cars,2 silver clios was there one of them was realy good performer.DAVEZ 180 was good,one of the white 205gti(306 wheels on it) was very good,SEMERTON good performer as well,charcoal colour "P"plate driver is good(good handbrake), 504,405mi16(goodhandbrake),and old historic reno was good as well.. but l was shock about the reno 5 GTT(bit more train),l watched 1 hour l dont know the time result but in a one hours people was very enjoyed.l dont know what happen after first stage. l lived 11 am but special thanks for RCCA good organisation.

PS:if you guys go again just tight up handbreak screw

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    but l was shock about the reno 5 GTT(bit more train)
    > 5 Turbo 2 thanks very much...

Thanks Graham, however i am in Syd and I think Vic is too far to go despite how much fun it is. Am happy using the 306 on wet skid pan (concrete), but think it masy be a bit rough (and expensive) on my daily driver.

Agreed, I think a 205si is a great car for this and from what i saw on Sat really doesnt give much awat against the gti - like you say better handbrake turns and cause the speeds are low no real difference.

Now where to find a good 205si cheap to this use.......405 wheels and semi slicks.

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    > 5 Turbo 2 thanks very much...
    sorry,pls dont be sad l have video pls, do not sad

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nos205gti
    sorry,pls dont be sad l have video pls, do not sad
    Dont worry, i'm just being stupidly pedantic!

Thread Information