2007 Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes
  • Help

Default 2007 Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes

Vodafone and the McLaren Mercedes Formula One team today announce a long-term sponsorship agreement, commencing January 2007 which will last into the next decade. Vodafone will become Title Sponsor of the Team – ‘Vodafone McLaren Mercedes’ and the ‘Official Mobile Partner’.

The sponsorship demonstrates Vodafone’s ongoing commitment to the Formula One World Championship, a sport which continues to deliver massive global television coverage and which has significant appeal for Vodafone’s consumer and business customers around the world.

Vodafone has sponsored the Ferrari team since 2002 and the contract expires at the end of next season.

Ron Dennis, Chairman and CEO of the McLaren Group
    “This is only the third time for more than 30 years that the opportunity to become the team’s Title Sponsor has existed. The status of the brand and the level of activation in support of the sponsorship were key criteria for our choice of Title Sponsor and Vodafone over-delivers in all respects. In addition, as our agreement is long-term, this provides important stability within the Team, allowing us to focus fully on our objective of winning races and Championships together. We are delighted to welcome Vodafone to the team and look forward to many future successes."

Advertisement

Peter Bamford, Vodafone Chief Marketing Officer
    "We are excited about this new phase of involvement in motor racing. As Title Sponsor of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team it raises our association with Formula One to the ultimate level. The new agreement delivers a fantastic marketing platform; the associative rights we acquire as a result of this new sponsorship provide us with additional opportunities to continue to raise brand awareness, build brand preference and drive revenue. It will also provide our customers with unique and exciting content through Vodafone live! with 3G.”

Norbert Haug, Vice-President Mercedes-Benz Motorsport
    "We welcome Vodafone as the new title sponsor to the team. The fact that a world renowned brand like Vodafone with such an impressive market performance has joined us is of significant importance not only for the team but also for all our world class sponsor partners. I am sure that each one will benefit from the respective activities of the other, which is a first class prospect for everybody involved."

E.A.
    Source Vodafone / McLaren Mercedes
    F1-live.com

A completely red McLaren? Who would have thought!
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

Wow - didnt see that one coming... Guess vodafone will be gradually removing schumi from their ad's and replacing them with Montoya....

I hope they dont go to a completely red livery. Something resembling the old marlboro colours would be fantastic
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Cant wait to see an all red McLaren team. would be weird to see but good news for McLaren either way. Still hope Honda gets up there though
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What's the quickest way to become a millionaire? Borrow fivers off everyone you meet."
    - Richard Branson

"He who allows himself to be insulted, deserves to be."
    - Pierre Corneille
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 307 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    Wow - didnt see that one coming... Guess vodafone will be gradually removing schumi from their ad's and replacing them with Montoya....

I hope they dont go to a completely red livery. Something resembling the old marlboro colours would be fantastic
    I hate Montoya, he is a decent driver but a hot head and not reliable. Of the track he is just the same - a hot head with a huge ego.
    "What's the quickest way to become a millionaire? Borrow fivers off everyone you meet."
    - Richard Branson

"He who allows himself to be insulted, deserves to be."
    - Pierre Corneille

2005 307 Sport

1000+ Posts

Your kidding, their cars are going to be red!?

Since when is a Mercedes red? Trash one brand for another why don't they! GRrr

I hope they aren't going to be red. I quite like their current colours. Maybe they could just add a bit more red along with the silver and black
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup
    1989 205 Gti - Sold

"This year, I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then, bang! That's when I'll cash in." - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    Your kidding, their cars are going to be red!?

Since when is a Mercedes red? Trash one brand for another why don't they! GRrr
    don't worry serge my man, the cars aren't Mercedes, their hybrid Mclarens (that is a plank of wood with wheels and drivetrain).... there is NO mercedes in those cars, the engine has a sticker saying mercedes but their built by Ilmor (uk based engine company, big time players etc...) under contract. The only thing mercedes benz is the words....lol.
    Besides, remember when Marlboro sponsored Mclaren last time, the cars were red & white, so that will give you an idea what the Vodafone livery will/might look like. - Chris

ps... I wonder if Johny Walker will be the head for '06?
    ... ptui!

Yeah I was as about to say (before chris beat me to it) if McLaren go back to red and white it will be like the old Senna/Prost days with the Honda Engines Those McLarens of the early 90's were unbeatable, it's those cars that made me become an F1 Fan! Oh and of course Murray's commentry.

2007 should be a very interesting season.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    The only thing mercedes benz is the words....lol.
    Dont forget the large buckets of cash Mercedes contribute Oh and they also own 49% (I think) of the McLaren team. That's a lot of $ for a sticker on the engine
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!

Fellow Frogger!

Something resembling the old marlboro colours would be fantastic
    Took the words out of my mouth

But what of Ferrari 2007? doesn't that intrigue anyone? There's only so many red company logos out there...

Coke? yeah right

1000+ Posts

don't worry serge my man, the cars aren't Mercedes, their hybrid Mclarens (that is a plank of wood with wheels and drivetrain).... there is NO mercedes in those cars, the engine has a sticker saying mercedes but their built by Ilmor (uk based engine company, big time players etc...) under contract. The only thing mercedes benz is the words....lol.
    Besides, remember when Marlboro sponsored Mclaren last time, the cars were red & white, so that will give you an idea what the Vodafone livery will/might look like. - Chris

ps... I wonder if Johny Walker will be the head for '06?
    I know but Mercedes pay the bills there. And a Mercedes should have some silver involved somewhere.

And we've been through this Ilmor thing before. That company has gone bankrupt, Mercedes now owns 100% of the division that made McLarens F1 racing engines. The company is now called Mercedes-Benz F1 Performance or something wanky like that.

I'm not opposed to red, other than its a Ferarri colour. And band-wagon Ferarri supportes P*** me off. So I'd rather not be associated with that team if possible! Sure in the past the teams had totally different colour schemes, but today, red=Faz.

Quote Originally Posted by LeighO
    Took the words out of my mouth

But what of Ferrari 2007? doesn't that intrigue anyone? There's only so many red company logos out there...

Coke? yeah right
    I hear that Phillip Morris (ie. Marlboro) have bought the rights to sponsor the entire car for the next 5 years or something. Now how this works with the anti-tobacco sponsorship is anyones guess. However I do know that they do on-sell some of the advertising space to companies like Vodafone, Shell etc.

Your right Sergetov - Red=Faz but to me Red+White= senna, prost & McLaren!

The original McLaren colour is orange, so red is not too far off.

It's a shame Ferrari lost it's Scarlet red over the bright 'Marlboro red'.
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

I read on grandprix.com that the McMerc's are going to run in an interim orange livery during testing this year prior to announcing their 2006 livery soon....

I read on grandprix.com that the McMerc's are going to run in an interim orange livery during testing this year prior to announcing their 2006 livery soon....

They've done that before, I believe in testing during the 1997 off-season.
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

On second thought however, in DTM one of the Mercedes-Benz is sponsored by Vodafone:

So maybe they will keep the silver.
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    I know but Mercedes pay the bills there. And a Mercedes should have some silver involved somewhere.

And we've been through this Ilmor thing before. That company has gone bankrupt, Mercedes now owns 100% of the division that made McLarens F1 racing engines. The company is now called Mercedes-Benz F1 Performance or something wanky like that.
    Its called Mercedes Ilmor, the web site is down, but Mercedes Benz is also DaimlerChrysler too....
    Don't get me wrong Serge, yes that section of "that" company pays the bills, but there is little (if any) mercedes technology in the F1 engines. I could go & buy the entire rights to Ferrari tomorrow & Call it AF-Chris racing, but that doesn't mean its packing AF-Chris technology etc...
    Anyway....... lets move on. Some like red others don't, thats great freedom of choice etc.... blah blah, BRING ON THE RACING! - Chris

ps We have to an AF-Video/dvd night one day...
    ... ptui!

Its called Mercedes Ilmor, the web site is down, but Mercedes Benz is also DaimlerChrysler too....

Mercedes-Benz is owned by DaimlerChrysler, as are Maybach and Smart (all made in Stuttgart)
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYLIFE
    Mercedes-Benz is owned by DaimlerChrysler, as are Maybach and Smart (all made in Stuttgart)
    Yep, and everything else attached to that good 'ol boys brand. Gotta love multinationals!... ...
    Mate either Way i'm excited for the season next year. So excited I might take the Kart out in my days off and go flick through some bends. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Fellow Frogger!

I hear that Phillip Morris (ie. Marlboro) have bought the rights to sponsor the entire car for the next 5 years or something. Now how this works with the anti-tobacco sponsorship is anyones guess.
    Well Phillip Morris is the largest food company in the US so maybe they have a surprise in stock for us? 300kph Vegemite logos

Thread Information