Is this why Citroen pulled the plug?
  • Help

Default Is this why Citroen pulled the plug?

Forget all the hype and publicity releases for the reasons why Citroen walked away from the WRC from the end of this year, but I wonder if way down deep, this had any influence on it given that Citroen company policy will put innovation above anything if given the chance.

http://www.kinetic.au.com/

Interesting thought, don't you agree??

Alan S

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

They'll be back in 2007, in a new rally C4... so i dunno.

That technology is very interesting tho...
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Basically taking a sabatical, to develop the C4 next year away from competition.

Loeb will continue with the Xsara, without factory backing, but will be developing the factory backed C4 at the same time. A busy year ofr Loeb!

If the C4 development doesn't go to plan, don't be surprised if they miss the 2007 WRC, remembering that it will only be 9 rallies long anyway. From mid-year 2007, they will begin a full season going over 2007/2008. In any event, they should be back with the C4 at some time during 2007 I'd strongly suspect.
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

Don't kid yourself the Loeb won't have any factory backing next year whilst running a Kronos entered Xsara.

The car will be ex-factory. Some engineering staff from this years factory team will also join Loeb at Kronos.

For those that attended Telstra Rally Australia, you might remember a local young privateer by the name of Toby Heyring driving a WRX. Kinetic is his father's company.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueyZarzov
    Don't kid yourself the Loeb won't have any factory backing next year whilst running a Kronos entered Xsara.

The car will be ex-factory. Some engineering staff from this years factory team will also join Loeb at Kronos.

For those that attended Telstra Rally Australia, you might remember a local young privateer by the name of Toby Heyring driving a WRX. Kinetic is his father's company.
    Close, but just to clarify, Chris Heyring (Toby's dad) was THE inventor of the original Kinetic suspension, but sold the company to Tenneco (USA) in 1999 for millions of $$$$. He no longer works for Kinetic but maintains an interest in the operations of the company - after all it was his "baby".

Personally, I think the "banning" of that technology must have had a bearing on Citroen's decision to pull out at end of 2005, but we can only guess.

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYLIFE
    Basically taking a sabatical, to develop the C4 next year away from competition.
    Just remember that PSA's withdrawal was "officially" announced in 2005, but was "rumoured" from the start of 2004. They have always argued the cost was too high and that measures should be brought in to reduce them (so they now limit engines, gearboxes, tyre, rims etc) ...

The fact Citroen misses 2006 is due to the deadline they missed, each year the WRC teams must apply to race (due to the infrastructure the WRC/FIA have to put in for each team) .. Citroen missed the 2006 deadline .. THEN decided to return (they did ask nicely to come back but it was too late).

This excuse "going to be developing the C4" I think is more a marketing ploy or spin doctoring then anything else.

It'll be good to see them back ... any bets on Loeb's private team (factory backed private team) winning in 2006?

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman
    Citroen's decision to pull out at end of 2005, but we can only guess.
    My guess is that it was all internal PSA politics. Cost too much to run Pug and Cit, neither prepared to pull out while the other continued, both ordered to pull out ... and then Cit have gone back in while Pug go circuit racing. But just my interpretation.
    unfrogged (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by 106 Rallye
    My guess is that it was all internal PSA politics. Cost too much to run Pug and Cit, neither prepared to pull out while the other continued, both ordered to pull out ...
    As the 307WRC hasn't been successfull while the Xsara has I think it was probably a pretty easy decision who to pick to continue in WRC.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread Information