SCOOP! Rossi tests for Ferrari...
  • Help

Default SCOOP! Rossi tests for Ferrari...

Rumours that Valentino has been secretly testing with Ferrari in preperation for a drive next season seem to be confirmed with the release of this photo...

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SCOOP! Rossi tests for Ferrari...-rossi_f1.jpg  
    Michael W

74 D Special

Yeah they say that he's been getting up to speeds that Micheal does, but he just needs to work on his braking.

HAHAHAHAH GOLD!!

btw, those rumours were confirmed ages ago, and by Ferrari. Valentino was doing times only just off the pace around Fiorano on his 1st time in the car. Apparently Ferrari had never seen a test driver do that before after having never driven the car.

He is prolly going to team with Kimi in a Ferrari in 2007
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Great photo!

Will be interesting to see Rossi in a F1 car but I'm not sure he'll go. If he does he's going to be on one of the steepest learning curves of his career.

If he goes to Ferrari they will expect results - having him in the team just for marketing purposes doesnt really make sense.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!

Mallala: 1:30.79

Quote Originally Posted by DSpecial1
    Rumours that Valentino has been secretly testing with Ferrari in preperation for a drive next season seem to be confirmed with the release of this photo...

They tell me that this photo was taken the day of the press release which was no doubt April 1st for obvious reasons!!!!

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by n b j
    btw, those rumours were confirmed ages ago, and by Ferrari. Valentino was doing times only just off the pace around Fiorano on his 1st time in the car. Apparently Ferrari had never seen a test driver do that before after having never driven the car.
    He's also done a WRC round .. was damn quick there too.

If you're used to 300kph on a bike just cms from the ground, everything else would feel "safe" in comparison .. no wonder he has no fear !!

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    He's also done a WRC round .. was damn quick there too.

If you're used to 300kph on a bike just cms from the ground, everything else would feel "safe" in comparison .. no wonder he has no fear !!

- xTc -
    You mean he was quick until he crashed out on the first "real" stage of the event
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    You mean he was quick until he crashed out on the first "real" stage of the event
    Yes he didn't last long, but did you see him at testing ? ... and shakedown times not much outside the top 10. With a little more patience he would have lasted longer - as a WRC round Aust is a hard rally to take on first (only an Ice/snow rally would be worse)

.... remember Martin Brundle doing WRC - he wasn't slow either (lasted till about stage 12 or 13).

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    Yes he didn't last long, but did you see him at testing ? ... and shakedown times not much outside the top 10. With a little more patience he would have lasted longer - as a WRC round Aust is a hard rally to take on first (only an Ice/snow rally would be worse)

.... remember Martin Brundle doing WRC - he wasn't slow either (lasted till about stage 12 or 13).

- xTc -
    True - I just hope that if Rossi does go to F1 he'll be more successful than the last couple of guys who've tried it. Wayne Gardner had a couple of tests for Lotus in the early 90's Mind you Lotus werent going that far at the time.

Mick Doohan also tested a Williams - and crashed it!!

One of the mags said he has contracted to do a couple of WRC rounds to finish off year. He has ridden dirt bikes and some rallying before he went to the pro bikes.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

I read a while back that Rossi will be testing for Ferrari next year every 4 to 6 weeks,all through next year and if hes quick then he will have the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by chips
    I read a while back that Rossi will be testing for Ferrari next year every 4 to 6 weeks,all through next year and if hes quick then he will have the drive.
    I have also heard that rumour, I am sure I saw a news article with that written in it.

As far as I know, the rumour that Kimi and Rossi will be team-mates for Ferrari in 2007 has also been reported about.
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

They asked Rossi about the rumours of him driving in F1 and he said nothing had been decided yet.

It would be a shame for MotoGP to lose Rossi, especially now that the likes of Melandri and Hayden are upping their game. Hopefully some of the 250 guys come up over the next few years, there is a lot of talent out there in the lower categories.
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27

2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

Will Power will also be driving for what is currently BAR Honda in 2007 (throwing a spanner in the works here)

or maybe he won't be
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Now its the other way round,Schumachers tested a Ducati Desmosedici MotoGP bike today.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34430

Heres more news on Rossi Testing For Ferrari

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34532

Thread Information