SCOOP! Rossi tests for Ferrari...
  • Help
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Member DSpecial1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    46

    Default SCOOP! Rossi tests for Ferrari...

    Rumours that Valentino has been secretly testing with Ferrari in preperation for a drive next season seem to be confirmed with the release of this photo...



    Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SCOOP! Rossi tests for Ferrari...-rossi_f1.jpg  
    Michael W

    74 D Special

  2. #2
    Tadpole 182polo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Yeah they say that he's been getting up to speeds that Micheal does, but he just needs to work on his braking.

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts n b j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    HAHAHAHAH GOLD!!

    btw, those rumours were confirmed ages ago, and by Ferrari. Valentino was doing times only just off the pace around Fiorano on his 1st time in the car. Apparently Ferrari had never seen a test driver do that before after having never driven the car.

    He is prolly going to team with Kimi in a Ferrari in 2007
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Great photo!

    Will be interesting to see Rossi in a F1 car but I'm not sure he'll go. If he does he's going to be on one of the steepest learning curves of his career.

    If he goes to Ferrari they will expect results - having him in the team just for marketing purposes doesnt really make sense.
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  5. #5
    Moderator Alan S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    8,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSpecial1
    Rumours that Valentino has been secretly testing with Ferrari in preperation for a drive next season seem to be confirmed with the release of this photo...


    They tell me that this photo was taken the day of the press release which was no doubt April 1st for obvious reasons!!!!


    Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

  6. #6
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n b j
    btw, those rumours were confirmed ages ago, and by Ferrari. Valentino was doing times only just off the pace around Fiorano on his 1st time in the car. Apparently Ferrari had never seen a test driver do that before after having never driven the car.
    He's also done a WRC round .. was damn quick there too.

    If you're used to 300kph on a bike just cms from the ground, everything else would feel "safe" in comparison .. no wonder he has no fear !!

    - xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    He's also done a WRC round .. was damn quick there too.

    If you're used to 300kph on a bike just cms from the ground, everything else would feel "safe" in comparison .. no wonder he has no fear !!

    - xTc -
    You mean he was quick until he crashed out on the first "real" stage of the event
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  8. #8
    XTC
    XTC is offline
    VIC: a fine driving state XTC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location Location
    Posts
    8,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gti138
    You mean he was quick until he crashed out on the first "real" stage of the event
    Yes he didn't last long, but did you see him at testing ? ... and shakedown times not much outside the top 10. With a little more patience he would have lasted longer - as a WRC round Aust is a hard rally to take on first (only an Ice/snow rally would be worse)

    .... remember Martin Brundle doing WRC - he wasn't slow either (lasted till about stage 12 or 13).

    - xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......




    '02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts gti138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    Yes he didn't last long, but did you see him at testing ? ... and shakedown times not much outside the top 10. With a little more patience he would have lasted longer - as a WRC round Aust is a hard rally to take on first (only an Ice/snow rally would be worse)

    .... remember Martin Brundle doing WRC - he wasn't slow either (lasted till about stage 12 or 13).

    - xTc -
    True - I just hope that if Rossi does go to F1 he'll be more successful than the last couple of guys who've tried it. Wayne Gardner had a couple of tests for Lotus in the early 90's Mind you Lotus werent going that far at the time.

    Mick Doohan also tested a Williams - and crashed it!!
    Murray : And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool!
    James Hunt: Well that should put them out then!


    Mallala: 1:30.79





  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger! Westair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    558

    Default

    One of the mags said he has contracted to do a couple of WRC rounds to finish off year. He has ridden dirt bikes and some rallying before he went to the pro bikes.
    1986 Renault Fuego GTX
    1972 Mercedes Benz 280E
    1988 Nissan Trakka Campervan
    1972 VW Kombi

    In business, words are words; explanations are explanations, promises are promises, but only performance is reality.
    Harold Ganeen.

  11. #11
    Member chips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I read a while back that Rossi will be testing for Ferrari next year every 4 to 6 weeks,all through next year and if hes quick then he will have the drive.

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts n b j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chips
    I read a while back that Rossi will be testing for Ferrari next year every 4 to 6 weeks,all through next year and if hes quick then he will have the drive.
    I have also heard that rumour, I am sure I saw a news article with that written in it.

    As far as I know, the rumour that Kimi and Rossi will be team-mates for Ferrari in 2007 has also been reported about.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger! PLAYLIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    334

    Default

    They asked Rossi about the rumours of him driving in F1 and he said nothing had been decided yet.

    It would be a shame for MotoGP to lose Rossi, especially now that the likes of Melandri and Hayden are upping their game. Hopefully some of the 250 guys come up over the next few years, there is a lot of talent out there in the lower categories.
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27


    2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts n b j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Will Power will also be driving for what is currently BAR Honda in 2007 (throwing a spanner in the works here)

    or maybe he won't be
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

  15. #15
    Member chips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Now its the other way round,Schumachers tested a Ducati Desmosedici MotoGP bike today.

    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34430

  16. #16
    Member chips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Heres more news on Rossi Testing For Ferrari

    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34532

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •