Chinese GP ***spoilers***
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! PLAYLIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    334

    Default Chinese GP ***spoilers***

    And for the final round in Shanghai, China.

    Who will be WCC? Can Montoya claim P3 in the WDC off Schumi? Schumi is on 62pts while Monty is on 60pts.

    Advertisement


    A few other shuffles mid-pack can happen in both WDC and WCC.

    Looks like it will be a sunny weekend - no fully wet race this year!
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27


    2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

  2. #2
    Zen
    Zen is offline
    Fellow Frogger! Zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    490

    Default

    I'll put my bets on Montoya beating Schuey to 3rd and McLaren taking the WCC honours off Renault.

    Rich

    codito ergo sum == code monkey


    '04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

  3. #3
    Administrator
    mistareno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Montoya will start from 10 positions below his qualifying spot which will make his life difficult around Shanghai...

    As for Renault...I wonder if the FIA would notice if they attached a tow rope between Alonso and Fisi's car

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! PLAYLIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    334

    Default

    A Renault 1-2!

    Raikkonen looked to be very heavy, whilst MS made a mistake on his quali lap. Great laps from DC and Button.


    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27


    2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    Props to Renault! Will be an interesting race... Fisi will probably do a Trulli (slow everyone down) unless Kimi can pull off something fancy. It may all depend on starting fuel loads though too?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chambersburg, U.S.A.
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    Montoya will start from 10 positions below his qualifying spot which will make his life difficult around Shanghai...

    As for Renault...I wonder if the FIA would notice if they attached a tow rope between Alonso and Fisi's car

    Did Montoya lose an engine? I didn't see anything about it on the F1 site.

    Scott

  7. #7
    Administrator
    mistareno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supo
    Did Montoya lose an engine? I didn't see anything about it on the F1 site.

    Scott
    Ooops, sorrry my mistake, he failed to finish at Suzuka so had to qualify first... was thinking of the wrong rule

  8. #8
    Member ry205's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Congrats to Renault!!!

    Xsara VTS (04)

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! Pate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Congrats to Renault!!!

    For Ron Dennis I wish all the good while he is flying and crying back to Woking

    Mr. Dennis was too important man to shake hands with Fisi and Alonso after Suzuka when Renault got the lead in constructors championship.

    Wake up man, this is sport. How sporty are you? You just got your own medicine at the Fisi/Raikkonen pitstop incident.
    I wonder which team invented earlier this year 'going-slow-to-pit-ahead-of-biggest-rival' strategy??

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    Props to Renault for their performance at Shanghai this weekend.

    As a McLaren fan obviously it was a little disappointing for me. Alonso was on fire, and Renault had their aggressive engine settings working very, very nicely. However before you beat your chest too hard Pate:

    Montoya had to retire after hitting a drain grate. This is a disgrace to the Chinese since it happened earlier this year in the V8 supercars race there, with disasterous results (grate flew through air-intake, through the engine, through the firewall, between the drivers legs and ended up lodged in the rear seat ).

    Fisi drove so slowly into the pits, thereby obstructing Kimi and Barrichello. This had fairly serious consequences for Kimi's chances of getting near Alonso IMHO. Which Fisi was duly punished for.

    Now who is so obsessed as to flout the rules when Renault were already in an unbeatable position because the Chinese can't build a drain?

    Renault won, good on them, go nuts! Ridicule McLaren as much as you like, but I can't help responding

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    That Fisi penalty was rubbish IMHO, McLaren did it a few races ago, so they could pit both cars & not suffer by having one wait... now Renault do it & get screwed? same as that previous race's decision...
    Two MAJOR mistakes in 2 of the most important races??? not happy...

    but we won!!!
    *Happy Dance*

    Now lets all go & laugh at the Mercedes stand!!!

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I thought Fisi was going to defend himself out of the way of those McLarens on the second or third lap...

    he really is crap(ish), well at least one he seems to be one of the sookiest drivers - "I could be champion if they build the car for me..." - almost comparable to boo-hoo-barrichello... on their day they can drive a car very fast, but geez give your team some credit you ungrateful screw-ups!

    I think it could have been interesting if Kimi had been able to pass Fisi at the beginning - Alonso still would have won tho,

    and my rose-coloured-glasses of speculation says FIA screw up cost Alonso a pretty good chance of a Suzuka win (I don't think Kimi was going to get past him anywhere that day), Fisi acting up on the pit entrance was an annoyance that cost Kimi 3 seconds but come on it made no impact on the race result.

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger! Pate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    Props to Renault for their performance at Shanghai this weekend.

    As a McLaren fan obviously it was a little disappointing for me. Alonso was on fire, and Renault had their aggressive engine settings working very, very nicely. However before you beat your chest too hard Pate:

    Montoya had to retire after hitting a drain grate. This is a disgrace to the Chinese since it happened earlier this year in the V8 supercars race there, with disasterous results (grate flew through air-intake, through the engine, through the firewall, between the drivers legs and ended up lodged in the rear seat ).

    Fisi drove so slowly into the pits, thereby obstructing Kimi and Barrichello. This had fairly serious consequences for Kimi's chances of getting near Alonso IMHO. Which Fisi was duly punished for.

    Now who is so obsessed as to flout the rules when Renault were already in an unbeatable position because the Chinese can't build a drain?

    Renault won, good on them, go nuts! Ridicule McLaren as much as you like, but I can't help responding
    It was McLaren who invented that 'slowly-in-to-pits-while-teammate-gets-refuelled' and it was Kimi who executed it previously in Spa-Francochamps -> no penalty. The drivers who suffered back then were Fisi and Alonso, BOTH!

    Last race in Suzuka Ron Dennis were among Kimi, Fisi and Alonso at the podium. He refused to shake hands and congratulate Renault drivers. At Shanghai Flavio Briatore congratulated Kimi from his second place.

    CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE!

    PS. Nate, I will join you at McLaren Mercedes(ILMOR) stand to laugh at Norbert Haug, Ron Dennis and Adrian Newey.

    EDIT: "Juan Pablo hit a loose drain cover and immediately after that he suffered an engine failure the cause of which is still being investigated..."

    There was a possibility that McLarens Ilmor engine would have blown anyway without hitting any manhole cover. Interesting thing is that BMW is going to take part F1 2006 with their own engine, own chassis and own team <- an achivement that Mercedes fails to do year after year. Team McLaren, chassis McLaren and engine Ilmor

    Renault had everything Renault.
    Last edited by Pate; 16th October 2005 at 11:16 PM.

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    I know McLaren have been accused of such pitlane crimes. All I'm saying is, why did Fisi do it when they had the whole show already sewn up? It was totally without rational purpose. It was simply bloody minded, there is no other way to describe it. I don't blame them, but the way some of you carry on, the sun shines out of Renaults arse and McLaren represent the devil himself.

    I take nothing away what-so-ever from Renault's win. Alonso has just been superb. I have especially enjoyed the way this season he has shrewdly carried his car around the track by the scruff of the neck when (at times) in reality it was technically inferior to the McMercs.

    Oh and Alonso only won by 4 seconds so if Fisi cost Kimi 3 secs, then thats a shame IMHO. I prefer a close race any day of the week, even if the result would have been the same, but to each his own.

    I'm certainly not going to defend Ron Dennis, Pate

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger! Pate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    Oh and Alonso only won by 4 seconds so if Fisi cost Kimi 3 secs, then thats a shame IMHO. I prefer a close race any day of the week, even if the result would have been the same, but to each his own.

    I'm certainly not going to defend Ron Dennis, Pate
    Alonso had bigger lead but he just cruised last 3 laps. He would have won with over 4 seconds even without Fisi/Raikkonen incident.



    Pictures are powerful in explaining things

  16. #16
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    They are indeed - they show who won, which helpfully, we already knew

    Renault won, and as I said, congratulations to them! Alonso and the team deserved it. The jury is out on Fisi though.....

  17. #17
    Member chips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I nearly fell a sleep watching that race so little going on.

  18. #18
    Fellow Frogger! johnh875's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melb
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Lol, welcome to our world of watching F1 in the middle of the night (early morning I believe?).

    It is scandalous that they have not fixed the drain grate problem! I think the Fisi drive through penalty was deserved, such "playing silly buggers" moves are not the way the game should be played.

    I also think Michael Schumacher deserved more than a reprimand for spinning off the track behind the safety car. Driving standards in some areas need to lift, discipline behind the safety car and respecting yellow flags for two.

    Not a bad race from Webber either, a good solid result.

  19. #19
    Member chips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnh875
    Lol, welcome to our world of watching F1 in the middle of the night (early morning I believe?).
    It was on around 6am here in the uk,then rerun early in the afternoon,i watched it early in the afternoon

    Looking back over this year,cant believe how quick this seasons gone by...roll on next season

  20. #20
    Fellow Frogger! PLAYLIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pate
    It was McLaren who invented that 'slowly-in-to-pits-while-teammate-gets-refuelled' and it was Kimi who executed it previously in Spa-Francochamps -> no penalty. The drivers who suffered back then were Fisi and Alonso, BOTH!

    Last race in Suzuka Ron Dennis were among Kimi, Fisi and Alonso at the podium. He refused to shake hands and congratulate Renault drivers. At Shanghai Flavio Briatore congratulated Kimi from his second place.

    CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE!

    PS. Nate, I will join you at McLaren Mercedes(ILMOR) stand to laugh at Norbert Haug, Ron Dennis and Adrian Newey.

    EDIT: "Juan Pablo hit a loose drain cover and immediately after that he suffered an engine failure the cause of which is still being investigated..."

    There was a possibility that McLarens Ilmor engine would have blown anyway without hitting any manhole cover. Interesting thing is that BMW is going to take part F1 2006 with their own engine, own chassis and own team <- an achivement that Mercedes fails to do year after year. Team McLaren, chassis McLaren and engine Ilmor

    Renault had everything Renault.

    When was the last time Ron Dennis ever congratulated the WDC if he wasn't a McLaren driver?

    Renault, BMW, Honda...sure they now have their own teams, but they've just bought out another team (Benetton, Sauber and BAR). Ferrari and Toyota are the only ones who have built everything themselves from scratch.
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27


    2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

  21. #21
    Fellow Frogger! PLAYLIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnh875
    Lol, welcome to our world of watching F1 in the middle of the night (early morning I believe?).

    It is scandalous that they have not fixed the drain grate problem! I think the Fisi drive through penalty was deserved, such "playing silly buggers" moves are not the way the game should be played.

    I also think Michael Schumacher deserved more than a reprimand for spinning off the track behind the safety car. Driving standards in some areas need to lift, discipline behind the safety car and respecting yellow flags for two.

    Not a bad race from Webber either, a good solid result.

    I don't see why Schumacher needs a reprimand. Massa and DC were practically stopped on the track and to avoid an accident he spun his car. The most dangerous thing under SC is when cars are almost stopped on the circuit, especially when everyone is trying to keep the pressures and temperatures of tyres, brakes, etc up. He did a good job to avoid contact and not ruin other people's races.
    The DNF was enough penalty as is.

    If anyone was to receive a reprimand, it's Albers for smashing into Schumacher on the installation lap. That was an avoidable accident, it was pitiful driving from Albers.
    Last edited by PLAYLIFE; 17th October 2005 at 11:25 AM.
    1977-1982
    Gli Anni Delle Febbre
    Gilles Villeneuve #27


    2005 Peugeot 206 GTi180

  22. #22
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PLAYLIFE
    If anyone was to receive a reprimand, it's Albers for smashing into Schumacher on the installation lap. That was an avoidable accident, it was pitiful driving from Albers.
    not according to the FIA!

    http://www.gp2005.com/news/controlle...&news_id=15312

  23. #23
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    Did you guys see Alonso's engine catch on fire at the end? He says that the team were radioing to him that after the race he should make the crowd hear his V10 since its the last race with it. He said perhaps he got a bit carried away as the exhaust caught on fire!

  24. #24
    Member chips's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    Did you guys see Alonso's engine catch on fire at the end? He says that the team were radioing to him that after the race he should make the crowd hear his V10 since its the last race with it. He said perhaps he got a bit carried away as the exhaust caught on fire!
    Yea saw that,i couldnt keep a straight face watching Flavio shouting and jumping about saying his car was on fire Quick put it out!!!


  25. #25
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chips
    I nearly fell a sleep watching that race so little going on.
    really? i'm suprised at the general low-key reaction to this race.

    Perhaps that fantastic Japanese GP just raised everyone expectations - remember that was probably the best race of the last 5 or 10 year (despite FIA screw up that probably cos Alonso the win - which will only dissappoint the french and spanish contingent...)

    But surely there was more happening at china than most races this year. Pre-race incidient and Schumi starting from the back... 2 safety car events (which I don't like persoanally, but it is something happening)... quite a few passing moves on ruebens... close racing between webber and massa at the end...

    If only the Renault was built more fisi's liking we could have had a renault 1-2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •