Eastern Creek A1GP Round
  • Help
    Zen

Default Eastern Creek A1GP Round

Just wondering if anyone's heading off to Eastern Creek for the A1GP round on the 5-6 November? I'm seriously considering it, race day general access is $55, general access for Saturday and Sunday is $95 and grand stand seating for Saturday and Sunday is $150.

Advertisement

I do have to say though on Christian Jones' performance I'm swaying towards staying at home and watching it on cable... Let's hope if he does drive the Portugal round he'll show Germany was just a bad round for him.

Rich

codito ergo sum == code monkey

'04 206 GTi 180
    '95 306 S16

Unless christian jones gets out of the drivers seat I won't be.

I think this has been discussed here in a thread recently anyway, but if Will Power or Will Davison aren't available to drive, then there are atleast 10 other Aussie drivers that should be picked over Christian jones. What about Courtney, Manderson, Andre Morgan, or Barton Mower just to name a few. Obviously not Briscoe at the moment but pelase, Christian Jones!!!??? His dad really shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

After the brands hatch round and Will Powers awsome performance I thought we would be in for a cracker of a season, with Australia being a real contender to win the championship. I guess not if Jones has his way
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

I wouldn't miss it. It's a bargain compared to F1 prices, and with all the politics in F1, A1 is a nice change.
    Xsara VTS (04)

It seems A1 has not yet got the profile to steal away F3000, Formula Nippon, Formula3 drivers, etc.

Like round one and Brands hatch, Will Power drove for Aus, and Salvador Duran drove for mexico, both drivers are hot sh*t in europe atm, and both obviously put their teams on the podium in one of the races. For round 2 however, obviously Will Power was busy in Estoril and Duran was getting ready for The F3 championship end at Silverstone, there for couldn't atatend the A1 rounds. Their other driving contracts and F3 seats, etc. take priority over A1.

Btw, does anybody realise this weekend Barton Mawer could win the Britsh Formula 3 Championship! ? Look out Will Power, here comes Barton.

Will and Barton are both very good drivers, Better in my opinion at this stage of their carrers then Webber. Power has already been test driving F1 and may be a test driver next year for Bar/Honda. Look out, we may have 2 or even 3 Aussie all in the same F1 season soon
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

sorry for getting a tad off topic but...bugger... spoken too soon, Will Power won't be able to drive next week in A1, he has just been signed by Team Aus to race alongisde Alex Tagliani at the Lexmark Indy 300.

Great opportunity for Power. But another loss for A1

If only A1 could boost it's profile, it may start to get the better drivers.
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

Thread Information