Possible Pug/French car sprints
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Possible Pug/French car sprints

Hi,
    i recently emailed Winton Motor Raceway to find out prices for track hire.

Basically a week day hire costs $3500, and a weekend day hire costs $5000. Insurance is included, as is St Johns and Winton fire crew; i also believe they have their own marshalls. Fuel can also be bought there, including avgas.

Tonight at the PCCV meeting i'm going to see if enough people are interested to make a go out of it, and waht day people would want to go.
    The Alfa car club charges roughly $150 per person for their sprint days (which are really well organised), but i think $100 would make it more accessible for all.
    Thus we'd need 35 people for a weekday sprint, or 50 (at least) for a weekend sprint.

Advertisement

Would anyone from here be interested in competing?

I'd like to think that the Pug lub of Vic., along with perhaps the Renault club, could make up enough numbers o get this happening.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Roo504
    Hi,
    i recently emailed Winton Motor Raceway to find out prices for track hire.

Basically a week day hire costs $3500, and a weekend day hire costs $5000. Insurance is included, as is St Johns and Winton fire crew; i also believe they have their own marshalls. Fuel can also be bought there, including avgas.

Tonight at the PCCV meeting i'm going to see if enough people are interested to make a go out of it, and waht day people would want to go.
    The Alfa car club charges roughly $150 per person for their sprint days (which are really well organised), but i think $100 would make it more accessible for all.
    Thus we'd need 35 people for a weekday sprint, or 50 (at least) for a weekend sprint.

Would anyone from here be interested in competing?

I'd like to think that the Pug lub of Vic., along with perhaps the Renault club, could make up enough numbers o get this happening.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Let us know how you go and I'll let the RCCV know at the next General meeting...

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    Let us know how you go and I'll let the RCCV know at the next General meeting...
    Don't forget we have the sprint day at DECA coming up on the 13th of November.
    This is open to all drivers of French cars as long as they are a member of a CAMS affliated car club.
    I will have entry forms at the PCCV meeting tonight.
    DECA is costing $1650 to hire for a Sunday, the CAMS permit fee is $1070 and we are charging $90 a head.
    I think we would need a lot more than the 40 entries we are likely to get at DECA to make a french only meeting at Winton viable.
    Of course if it could be promoted as part of a national weekend and we got 60 or so starters then it could be a good idea.
    Graham
    Last edited by GRAHAM WALLIS; 7th October 2005 at 04:41 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    Don't forget we have the sprint day at DECA coming up on the 13th of November.
    This is open to all drivers of French cars as long as they are a member of a CAMS affliated car club.
    I will have entry forms at the PCCV meeting tonight.
    DECA is costing $1650 to hire for a Sunday, the CAMS permit fee is $1070 and we are charging $90 a head.
    I think we would need a lot more than the 40 entries we are likely to get at DECA to make a french only meeting at Winton viable.
    Of course if it could be promoted as part of a national weekend and we got 60 or so starters then it could be a good idea.
    Graham
    Is a CAMS licence required for DECA, not that it matters as I'm about to renew when I'm on leave, but I'd like to know for other members....

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by mistareno
    Is a CAMS licence required for DECA, not that it matters as I'm about to renew when I'm on leave, but I'd like to know for other members....
    Yes, a 2S for the whole day or a 2NS if just wanted to do the skidpan tests.
    These are available on the day for first timers.
    We will be putting on a training session on both the track and the skid pan before the start of competition.
    Can I get some entry forms to you for Renault Car Club members, Richard?
    Graham

Thread Information