WRC - 2019 silly season
  • Register
  • Help

Default WRC - 2019 silly season

Toyota

Rumours claim that Meeke will struggle to get another years contract with Toyota. Latvala is also at some risk to lose his drive.

Tanak has not as yet signed with Toyota. Tanak has had some discussions with Malcom Wilson about driving a Ford, but Wilson says he cant afford Tanak without Ford support. Tanak has driven for M-Sport previously and has a good relationship with Wilson.

Hyundai are rumoured to have offered Tanak five million Euros, but the same rumours claim Tanak is seeking 7 million for 2020.

Thierry Neuville's contract with Hyundai continues into 2010. Sebestian Loeb will continue with Hyundai competing in about half the rounds in 2020.

Sebestian Ogier and Esapekka Lappi have contracts with Citroen for 2020. Ogier has stated that he will stop racing at the end of 2020. Citroen have not commited to beyond 2020 at this stage.

Advertisement

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...oyota-for-2020
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Fellow Frogger!

Ogier is obviously already in a huff about not beating Loeb's 9 straight championships. Typical. We'll see how he feels at the end of 2020, if he wins that year and that, and is sitting 8 in a row.

VIP Sponsor

I think the reason Ogier went to Citroen is that it is a French team, putting him nearer to his home and family.

It looks like Tanak will be World Champ for 2019, so he will probably get his 7 mil and stay with Tommi. Hayden Paddon is looking for a contract with M-Sport......they may even look at Meeke if me behaves himself for the rest of 2019.
    1969 Alpine A110

Paddon was set to make a return at Rally of Finland, but a heavy crash in practice ruled him out of the event.

The below article quotes Paddon working with his backers to put together a package to get back in a car. Seems like he iked the Ford. M-soprt aren't flush with money so and the need to talk to backers suggest to me that he is trying to "buy" a drive. Nothing wrong with that, but at 200-250,000 Euros per round for car and a team, it's not a cheap way to go.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...-finland-crash

Meeke is currently 4th in Championship on 80 points behind Tanak 1st (205), Neuville 2nd (172) and 3rd Ogier (165).
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information