F1 - 2019 Silly season
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By FIVEDOOR
  • 1 Post By cam85

Thread: F1 - 2019 Silly season

Default F1 - 2019 Silly season

McLaren have stated that they are sticking with their drivers Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris for 2020, being the first team to do so this year.

Both Ferrari drivers are under contract for 2020. There have been rumours circulating that Vettel may retire at end of 2019. Vettel denies the rumours. Ferrari are rumoured to have been checking out Bottas' and Ricciardo's availability in case plan B is required if Vettel pulls the pin.

Verstappen has a contract with Red Bull until end of 2020. His father is on good terms with Toto at Mercedes and regular Verstappen/Mercedes rumour surface in the press, but counter to this is the good working relationship that Hamilton/Bottas seem to enjoy. I expect that Max/Lewis pairing wound a return to the old Niko/Lewis days for Mercedes, so who knows.

Red Bull are in a bit of a spot with their clearly second driver Pierre Gasly has struggled this season and they are currently short on drivers in their driver pool who are ready for F1. Although Red Bull have a history of being fairly ruthless for under performers, they state they are sticking with Gasly and giving him every assistance to help him succeed.

Advertisement

Hamilton has a contract with Mercedes until 2020. Bottas has a contract until end of 2019 with one year option for 2020.
    Last edited by FIVEDOOR; 10th July 2019 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Fordman likes this.
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Default Not driver related silliness, but F1 related silliness

Rich Energy, sponsors of HAAS F1 team have terminated thier agreement

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/ri...itter/4492159/

Rich Energy lost a legal case over copyright infringement over their logo

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/ha...-case/4388424/

Bo statements from HAAS as yet as to where that leaves them.
    Every day is a good day

What a weird company from what Iím led to believe they donít sell in shops and only in bars etc sounded fishy when I first heard they wanted to buy Force India while the company sounds on the dodge no wonder f1 and the accounting mob didnít ok the Force India deal.
    At least the real f1 is back fly by night companies in and out all the time.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time
    Garage C5 X7 4008
    Gone but not forgotten 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

It gets weirder. William Storey, the big boss at Rich Energy has got the boot and Rich will continue to sponsor HAAS. Sounds like bit of political in fighting at Rich Energy.
    Every day is a good day

As there should be......
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

He tried to cancel the sponsorship (on a coke bender) and the shareholders booted him and took control of the company. They continue to sponsor Hass.

Theres rumours that Vettel will retire at the end of the year which ‘may’ allow Riccardo another crack at signing on in the red cars. Hope he does not, the Italians really cant get themselves together on raceday. Plus charles will get full backing once Vettel goes. I like Charles.

If Renault can sort their car out for the 2021 reg changes it will be awesome to see great racing from all the amazing talent that is on the grid at present.
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

Speaking of Vettel rumours, latest has Ferrari getting Kimi back if Vettel leaves. That one is certainly from left field and came out of Italy but is not getting traction with major Italian publications. The basis is that Ferrari need at least one World Champion as it's drivers because of sponsors. if that is true, it rules out Dan, as he is not a World Champion yet

I agree, Charles seems like a rare talent and doesn't come across as a spoilt brat, even though he has had the short end of the stick on the odd occasion.
    Every day is a good day

Interesting about the world champ as a driver thing. Makes sense.

Yes Charles is certainly a talent and does not act like a brat. His ability to see it and call it straight without looking like a dick (ie Verstappen, Hamilton, Vettel etc) is very fresh. If the Max/Charles thing takes off like Senna/Prost I think Charles will have the mental edge outside the car and probably in it to some degree. Certainly being able to have a long view of the championship. Its great to see both of them fighting on track at the moment. All we need now is Norris, Albon (apparently a sensation) , Russel and Ocon in decent cars!

Dan will do well with Renault, they are apparently reviewing the entire car and focusing on next year already. Hulk may be shifted for Ocon while a Merc seat is filled.
    FIVEDOOR likes this.
    98 Xantia CT
    94 205 Gti Classic #9
    92 405 Mi16
    87 205 GTi Race Car
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/res...-race-car.html

As Bottas' current contract expires at the end of this season, Toto Wolff has stated that Mercedes will make a choice for second driver to partner Hamillton from either Bottas or Estaban Oconin.

Seems to me like he is deliberately keeping maximum pressure on Bottas.
    Every day is a good day

Red Bull have confirmed that Pierre Gaslyn is moving to Toro Rosso and Toro Rosso driver Alex Albon will be driving the second Red Bull car. Looks like Pierre has failed to impress the boss.
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information