F1 - 2019's underperforming driver
  • Register
  • Help

Default F1 - 2019's underperforming driver

Pierre Gasly is coming under increasing scrutiny for his performance since being promoted to Red Bull. Admittedly he has Max Verstappen as a team mate, but his preformance has been below par.

I have summarised their race finishes below. Max is been on the podium 3 three times including one win, while Pierre has languished well behind his team mate

Round 1 Max 3rd Pierre 11th
    Round 2 Max 4th Pierre 8th
    Round 3 Max 4th Pierre 6th
    Round 4 Max 4th Pierre Retired
    Round 5 Max 3rd Pierre 6th
    Round 6 Max 4th Pierre 5th
    Round 7 Max 5th Pierre 8th
    Round 8 Max 4th Pierre 10th
    Round 9 Max 1st Pierre 7th

The Other neby to major leaque is Leclerc, who has been a pleasant surprise and really put Vettel under real pressure.

Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

To be fair, with the exception of Mercedes the whole of the rest of the pack is intensely competitive. As Daniel found out, not being Red Bull's favourite driver comes at a cost. Verstappen has enormous talent, and if he was driving a Mercedes he'd put Hamilton to shame, but he isn't and won't win too many more races for the rest of the season. He'll finish fourth or fifth in the drivers championship.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    ...... but he isn't and won't win too many more races for the rest of the season. He'll finish fourth or fifth in the drivers championship.
    He is currently third in the standings. Honda seems reliable and getting stronger and with the Ferrari drivers likely to be taking points off each other, he might do little better, third behind Mercs, but that remains to be seen.

Although the Ferraris are quick, the team doesn't seem to be able to reliably extract the full potential of the car. Over the last few years they have made far too many errors behind the pit wall in relation to starategy, there has been internal tension within the team (Management levels) which always has negative impact on team performances.
    Every day is a good day

My view is that Max ran Leclerc off the road by running in to him with a gap that didn't exist. Max was essentially off the circuit when he hit Leclerc, who had given him room. The stewards gave F1"s new "Golden Boy" a free pass, consistent with all the other stupid decisions they made that and the previous weekend which were all just as wobbly. They are killing the sport ............
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    My view is that Max ran Leclerc off the road by running in to him with a gap that didn't exist. Max was essentially off the circuit when he hit Leclerc, who had given him room. .......
    I agree that Max forced LeLerc off the track, but the way the rules are intepreted, the bloke on the inside is able to do that. The previous lap Max was on the outside and Leclerc gave him racing room, I am waiting for the next time Leclerc has Max on the outside with glee.
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information