TCR racing 2019 thread. - Page 3
  • Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 3 First 123
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: TCR racing 2019 thread.

Default TCR on 2020 Melbourne F1 GP schedule.

Announced today - TCR Australia will open the season as a support category at the F1 GP. Expected to replace either Formula 4 or GT category. Details on TCR Australia, Speedcafe, etc.

Advertisement
    FIVEDOOR and Kim Luck like this.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Default Jordan Cox for GRM Motorsport

Quote:

After a stand-out debut, Jordan Cox has been recruited by Garry Rogers Motorsport in the #7 Alfa Romeo.

NEWS  http://bit.ly/2SKIfpf

FIVEDOOR and PeterT like this.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

I wonder if the guy he's replacing saw it coming!

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    I wonder if the guy he's replacing saw it coming!
    GRM has ordered another three Alfas. Someone has to drive them.....
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

I reckon they have a bit of cash that GRM.

Still enjoy watching replays of that Cox kid in that Civic, bring it to TCR!

Queensland Raceway last weekend. Renault Australia getting on the bandwagon.

https://youtu.be/RQ6xNvbgXc4

Cheers.
    Kim Luck likes this.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

David M likes this.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Ho Hum! Someone at Garry Rogers Motorsport either needs to learn French, learn mechanics, electronics or needs the sack! Neither Megane RS started the first race at Winton because no-one in GRM could figure out a fuel pressure problem. Sack the Bastards, Sue the Bastards! FFS!
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Bit harsh, Kim. Moffatt's Megane failed at the starting grid, they don't have much time to fix it. I guess they will have it running for tomorrow's race.
    But even the boss, Garry Rogers, admitted the mechanical failures of both cars was their own fault, he put it down to slack preparation.
    Not good for the race coverage co-sponsored by Renault. let's hope Sunday is a better day.

Cheers.
    FIVEDOOR likes this.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    Bit harsh, Kim. Moffatt's Megane failed at the starting grid, they don't have much time to fix it. I guess they will have it running for tomorrow's race.
    But even the boss, Garry Rogers, admitted the mechanical failures of both cars was their own fault, he put it down to slack preparation.
    Not good for the race coverage co-sponsored by Renault. let's hope Sunday is a better day.

Cheers.
    Let's hope so! You can't win championships with your cars in the garage!
    Fordman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    It was only slightly better. At least I saw 2 Meganes on the track in one race - towards the back of course, because of their DNFs yesterday.
    But Pither went into the fence, I think because of a tyre problem. Moffatt came forward then worked his way backwards again!

A weekend to forget.

I shall be expecting them to put on a special effort for me attending Sandown Park later this month!

Cheers.
    Kim Luck and David M like this.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Renault Australia extends TCR support for Garry Rogers Motorsport (who run the Renault Megane RS cars).

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/09/06...wkPfFBZOH9TdCE

Pretty good considering the rules of TCR exclude manufacturers from direct involvement, but they can offer support to teams.

Cheers.

(Also posted in Renault section)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

After an enjoyable weekend at Sandown Park (separate thread) in September, I am pushing the boundaries of my finances with a follow up visit to Tailem Bend in 2 weeks (15-17 Nov) for the final Shannons Nationals round for 2019.
    Flying to Melbourne solo and driving from there with son & grandson (who were overseas when the Sandown meeting was on).
    This will be my last visit for some time I would think, just looking forward to a boys weekend so they can see the TCRs for themselves.

Round 7 / The Bend Motorsport Park II ? Shannons Nationals

The TCR group should have 20-22 cars on the grid, including maybe 3 Meganes, a Peugeot, a new Seat Cupra, and the 2 Subarus should be back in the mix.
    Also the S5000s should be good at The Bend.

If anyone is going, Garry Rogers (GRM - running the Renaults) is having a BBQ&Beer on Saturday afternoon behind the pits.
    I was lucky to get accommodation for one night only with 3 persons, but there was more availability for 2 or more nights. Most accomm within 20kms was booked out, or wanted more than 1 night bookings.

Latest TCR news here:
    https://www.tcraustralia.com/

After quite a few years of not attending any motorsport, the TCR series has certainly spiked my interest as you can see.

The Bend should be a good meeting. 6.5 hrs drive from Melbourne, and just over an hour from Adelaide - give it a go.

Cheers
    Chris.
    Kim Luck and COL like this.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Fellow Frogger!

Brett and I have entered a 206 in production cars category.
    Looking forward to seeing all the TCR cars up close, especially the Peugeot and Renault’s
    Fordman, pgti6 and Brett like this.
    1984 505 Executive Auto

206 GTi 180 - '804 Cat Cams, Jenvey DBW 48mm ITB's, AT Power Dry Sump, Emtron KV8 ECU, HP Electronik PDM, AIM MXS Dash, Custom Wiring Harness. AST Camber Tops & Coilovers, -2deg camber hubs by Frogstomp Racing, 24mm Torsion Bars, AP Racing brakes, Custom Radiator and Oil cooler, 3J Plate LSD, E85.

Sandown - 1:31.5, Winton - 1:40.2, Wakefield - 1:11.05, Phillip Island - 1:55.9
    Nürburgring - 10:23.ish (Fiesta ST)

VIP Sponsor

I competed at the bend in a rallysprint back in September. No other major events on so I was able to get cheap accommodation trackside at Rydges. Could be worth booking early but don't know whether the price would be higher for the busier weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    I competed at the bend in a rallysprint back in September. No other major events on so I was able to get cheap accommodation trackside at Rydges. Could be worth booking early but don't know whether the price would be higher for the busier weekends.
    Thanks, Graham. Rydges looks a great place to stay, but for this meeting - nothing available. They advise on the booking site there may be minimum stays, eg 2 or 3 nights, which is fair enough. Looking on Expedia I found that everything within about 20kms, including Murray Bridge, was either booked out or had minimum stay periods. We are arriving about 9.00 am Saturday morning after staying overnight at Nhill on a drive from Melbourne, and leaving to drive back on Sunday afternoon, so only needed one night.

However, using my Big 4 Caravan Park membership, I was able to get a basic room for one night. I guess they keep some in reserve for members, as it was not available on Expedia. The Big 4 as you probably know is also on the motorsport facility, and is brand new, so should be OK. All they had left was basic rooms, very basic, with 2 double bunks, a fridge and tea/coffee making - no other furniture, and an adjoining ablution block shared by about 6 of the rooms. All we need, and only $105 for 3 people. Fully suitable for a "boys weekend".

The Rydges hotel looks interesting, being located in the pit building yet accessible to the public at all times. My wife and I are doing the long drive next year and Rydges at The Bend just might be one of our overnight stops, with the car museum and other attractions around there.

Last time I drove past there it would have been on the list of the most desolate areas to drive through, so it must be good for the locality to have the motorsport facility there.

Cheers.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

VIP Sponsor

Take a look in the Lobby at Rydges, plenty of competition cars including Clem Smiths Terraplane.

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread Information