• Register
  • Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Fordman
  • 1 Post By schlitzaugen
  • 1 Post By Kenfuego
  • 1 Post By Fordman
  • 1 Post By Fordman

Thread: Watch 1/10 World Championship Live.

Default Watch 1/10 World Championship Live.

This may interest some of you - maybe just for fun for the next few days.
    My son and grandson are currently competing in a model RC car World Champs in Xiamen, China, as are 12 Aussies in total.
    If you want all the drama of Qualifying and Finals of full-size racing, in 1/10 scale, check it out, its free to watch LIVERC.COM

WATCH LIVE (Live Video and LIVE current race Leader Board):
    IFMAR World Championships :: Live Scoring and Video :: LiveRC
    RACE RESULTS (Lists of entrants/races and past results):
    IFMAR World Championships :: 2017 IFMAR 1:10 2WD Electric Off-Road :: LiveRC
    NEWS SCHEDULE OF EVENT:
    WORLDS: 2017 IFMAR Electric Off-Road World Championships broadcast schedule [UPDATED] :: LiveRC.com - R/C Car News, Pictures, Videos, and More

Tuesday, November 14:
    8:00 - 2WD Free Practice (11.00 AEDT)
    9:20 - Round Four of 2WD Qualifying
    11:00 - Round Five of 2WD Qualifying
    13:30 - Practice A-Main, followed by L-J Mains
    14:30 - A-Main #1, followed by I-G Mains
    15:30 - A-Main #2, followed by F-B Mains
    16:30 - A-Main #3 (19.30AEDT approx)
    Wednesday, November 15:
    4WD Registration
    Thursday, November 16:
    Four rounds of 4WD Open Practice
    Two rounds of 4WD Controlled Practice
    Friday, November 17:
    Four rounds of 4WD Qualifying
    Saturday, November 18:
    Round five of 4WD Qualifying and Mains

It is 1/10 Electric Off-Road, one of the most popular international RC classes.
    Format is top 10 qualifiers are in the A-Main (Finals), 11th-20th are B-Main, etc. A-Main finalists get 3 runs for the World Champ, others get one run.

Aussie results in 2WD after 3 Qual rounds:
    Kyle Ward-McBride - 9th (good chance for A-Main for 2WD)
    Chris Sturdy - 20th
    Josh Pain - 25
    Ray Munday - 26 (No 1 son)
    Mitchell Steer - 31
    Cameron Zammit - 36
    Anthony Campbell - 47
    Matt Kellett - 50
    Andrew Selvaggi - 55
    Lachlan Munday - 60 (11yo grandson - aimed to get in top 100 - exceeding expectations!)
    Jarrod Smith - 64
    Chris Mitchell - 72
    There are 118 entrants so the Aussies are doing pretty well, to say the least.

LiveRC is free, but with ads. A$40 to register with no ads.

Anyway, if interested, give it a go.

Fordman
    Watch 1/10 World Championship Live.-xiamen-track.jpgWatch 1/10 World Championship Live.-xiamen-pits.jpgWatch 1/10 World Championship Live.-rays-2wd.jpgWatch 1/10 World Championship Live.-lachlans-2wd.jpg

Advertisement
    Last edited by Fordman; 14th November 2017 at 01:12 AM.
    bowie likes this.
    2004 Scenic I 2.0 auto (Hers)
    2016 Ford Territory (His)
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)
    2003 BA wagon LPG (For Sale)

2WD comp completed Tues 14/11.
    I spent most of the day glued to LiveRC following the event.
    Aussies did well, Kyle Ward-McBride first Aussie to get into A-Mains (top 10)

My boys did an excellent job, Ray 25th overall - his best result at that level of competition.
    Grandson Lachlan exceeded expectation of top 100 to finish 62nd from 118 entrants.
    I have to put up video of his run in the G-Main final (qual 61-70), it was a beauty. He is the green/white car starting in 3rd off the grid. Part way through he does a speccy trying to double jump one section, watch for it in the instant replays. Remember the kid is only 11 yo running against much older young men. This is typical RC Offroad action.

https://youtu.be/RafWdutGf5g

(Video from LiveRC.com Race Results)

4WD (faster) competition starts Thursday, Quals Friday, Finals Saturday.

Cheers, Fordman.
    Last edited by Fordman; 15th November 2017 at 12:39 PM.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Well done Aussies and Fordman tribe. There is something to say about a 11 year old's hand to eye coordination vs 40+ year old. In Europe they have just created a new class for 40+ drivers for next year's touring championship. Now that's just asking for trouble!
    Fordman likes this.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fordman View Post
    2WD comp completed Tues 14/11.
    I spent most of the day glued to LiveRC following the event.
    Aussies did well, Kyle Ward-McBride first Aussie to get into A-Mains (top 10)

My boys did an excellent job, Ray 25th overall - his best result at that level of competition.
    Grandson Lachlan exceeded expectation of top 100 to finish 62nd from 118 entrants.
    I have to put up video of his run in the G-Main final (qual 61-70), it was a beauty. He is the green/white car starting in 3rd off the grid. Part way through he does a speccy trying to double jump one section, watch for it in the instant replays. Remember the kid is only 11 yo running against much older young men. This is typical RC Offroad action.

https://youtu.be/RafWdutGf5g

(Video from LiveRC.com Race Results)

4WD (faster) competition starts Thursday, Quals Friday, Finals Saturday.

Cheers, Fordman.
    they did do well Chris, had my heart in my mouth a few times in the spinouts and collisions as your 11 year old completed his round, I wonder about the intervention of the officials as a few seconds delay in righting the racer can have a large effect on the finish sequence.

One hell of a concentration of effort and co-ordination. Well done.

Ken
    Fordman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenfuego View Post
    I wonder about the intervention of the officials as a few seconds delay in righting the racer can have a large effect on the finish sequence.
    One hell of a concentration of effort and co-ordination. Well done.
    Ken
    Yes, the actions of the marshalls can certainly affect the outcome, just something that the kids/men/girls have to learn is a fact of life, I think the sport is good for learning tolerance and that "sh#t happens".

Unfortunately, young Lachie lost that race by flipping on a hole in the track on the last lap, between two marshalling points - only a few seconds lost, but that was first place! He also got to the front by opposition crashes/spins so it balances out.

BTW, the marshalls are the competitors from the previous race. Part of the sport is having to marshall the race after yours. There is a bit of peer pressure there not to stuff up!

But it is good fun!
    Last edited by Fordman; 15th November 2017 at 08:11 PM.
    Kenfuego likes this.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

The 2WD Competition finished on Tuesday, with the World Championship being decided by the best 2 of 3 finals run by the top 10 qualifiers.

First A-main Final - 2WD:
    https://youtu.be/uFEdCxNvAIc
    Second A-main Final - 2WD:
    https://youtu.be/W9HHcWMcsYQ
    Third A-main Final - 2WD:
    https://youtu.be/W9HHcWMcsYQ

Now for the 4WD comp:
    As at tonight (Friday) there have been 4 rounds of 4WD qualifying, with one more qualifier before the Finals tomorrow.
    My boys are holding their own, son will end up qualifying about 30th and grandson about 60th of 118 entrants.

It will be running pretty well all day Saturday (11.00am - 8.00pm AEDT approx) - if you are interested go to LiveRC.com, select "Live".

It's keeping me busy watching it anyway. The live video is subject to the Chinese "Great Firewall" apparently, but the live leaderboard is reliable.

Cheers
    Fordman.
    Kenfuego likes this.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

The 4WD finals concluded last Saturday, they had a bit of rain delaying the proceedings, and 5th round of qualifying was cancelled. The finals were held on a fairly greasy track which added to the difficulty for everybody, but they got the meeting finished before darkness set in. Ryan Maifield won the 4WD World Champ, completing the double with his 2WD win, not a very common occurrence.

My boys also did well in the 4WD comp, son qualified 32nd, grandson qual 66th out of 118 competitors. A bad race for Ray and he ended up 38th, still a good result. Young Lachie held his position at 66th, had a great start but tangled with another car, bent a shock absorber shaft (which locked his LHF suspension), and slipped back to his starting position, but again, a fantastic result for the young fella.

Concourse photos and Aussie team:
    (Lachie's car at front was one of 3 selected for Concourse trophy - came second - kudos to their friend who air brushes the paint job on the polycarbonate bodies - some will recognize the Minecraft theme)
    Watch 1/10 World Championship Live.-2wd-concourse-2_red.jpgWatch 1/10 World Championship Live.-2wd-concourse-1_red.jpgWatch 1/10 World Championship Live.-aussies-2-j-concepts-pic.jpg

Super Cool Lachie and his car:
    Watch 1/10 World Championship Live.-lachie_red.jpgWatch 1/10 World Championship Live.-j-concepts-pic-7.jpg

Ray's car in flight, and trophy time:
    Watch 1/10 World Championship Live.-liverc-pic-1_red.jpgWatch 1/10 World Championship Live.-raymond_red.jpgWatch 1/10 World Championship Live.-j-concepts-pic-4.jpg

Thanks for following.
    Last edited by Fordman; 22nd November 2017 at 07:02 PM.
    2004 WRX (Sunday car)

Thread Information