F1 - Max Verstappen fined at Baku
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mistareno

Thread: F1 - Max Verstappen fined at Baku

Default F1 - Max Verstappen fined at Baku

Max Verstappen was fined 25,000 Euros's for failing to make himself available to media after the race. Perhaps the fourth fail to finish this year was getting painful to explain. Not that Baku fail to finish was his fault. To make it worse from Max's perspective was that his team mate won and he was potentially in a race winning position when the car failed, given the races latter events.

Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Self induced crashes don't do a lot for the reliability of a complex machine. Max should perhaps blame his driving style????????
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Not one of my favorites.....tipping his manner will get worse with experience too.
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Self induced crashes don't do a lot for the reliability of a complex machine. Max should perhaps blame his driving style????????
    Not sure what you are refering to. He made a brilliant start, was running third and the car failed. Hardly his fault. He has DnfEd three times this year due to unreliability issues. If the car had held together, he would have most likely have won.
    Every day is a good day

somewhere! Pilbara, Bowen Basin, Melbourne?

I assumed he must of had his engine mode up as he was hunting someone down, (can't remember who) and just pushed to hard and blew it.
    John
    Александър Кристоф Шанел

John Handley

He seems to be a potentially a 'star' driver, and he knows it. I reckon he thought he would 'take the world by storm' from the get-go, but is now a bit pooed off that it hasn't worked out like that. Getting a bad case of the sulks, like Hamilton did when it was'nt happening for him a few years back. That's my 2c anyway.

John

No doubt he is fast, but in my book he falls in that category of "un-nice" drivers with Vettel and Hamilton.

All I can say that he seems to be burning up the bad Karma. I hope he doesn't find his groove before Daniel wins a title.

Australia - Daniel failed to finish due to fuel cell issue
    Bahrain - Max DNF due to brake failure
    Russia - Daniel DNF due to brake issue
    Spain - Max's car was damaged - Not really Max's fault. Bottas, Raikkonen and Verstappen ended three abreast into the (1st ?) corner after Bottas braked prematurely and then touched the back of Raikkonen's car which cannoned into Max's.
    Canada - Max DNF electrical issues
    Baku - Max had all manner of problems in practice including engine fire. Qualified ok, made a brilliant start, running third behind Vettel and Hamilton but DNF with oil pressure issues. Edit - He also put the car in the fence sideways at one stage, cant' remember if it was race or prior
    Last edited by FIVEDOOR; 1st July 2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added a bit for Baku
    Every day is a good day

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    Not sure what you are refering to. He made a brilliant start, was running third and the car failed. Hardly his fault. He has DnfEd three times this year due to unreliability issues. If the car had held together, he would have most likely have won.
    I was under the impression Verstappen crashed in practice. Regularly.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Ahh, I don't have cable sports so I don't get to see all the practice stuff and the Finnish media that I read concentrate more on their own drivers, so can't make an informed comment either way at present. I might have a poke around and see what I can find if I have time.
    Every day is a good day

For your enjoyment, can't say the lads not trying, couple of brilliant/lucky saves in that lot

Every day is a good day

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    I was under the impression Verstappen crashed in practice. Regularly.
    You would be under the wrong impression then. Ricciardo has had more excursions than Max this year.

Dan has backed it into the wall in Q3 in Melbourne, tagged the wall pretty hard on the restart in Monaco, and lost the back end and hit the wall in Q3 at Baku.

Max hit the wall in FP2 at Baku and hit the wall in China after brake failure and has also had a few excursions (Melbourne and Monaco) but through good luck or good driving, he hasnt hit anything and haven't resulted in much damage.
    FIVEDOOR likes this.

Thread Information