New Track for Sydney
  • Register
  • Help
    dvr
    Fellow Frogger!

Default New Track for Sydney

Looks like it's actually happening at last. Yay.

https://www.facebook.com/LuddenhamRa...type=3&theater

Advertisement
    Last edited by dvr; 23rd June 2017 at 09:54 AM.

Looks like 205 heaven.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Planning to open early next year, I'm out there every week as my son Callum works there on the weekends. I was going to get a run on it prior to the bitumen going down to determine which direction to run, look like clockwise is the best. Running down the esses will be like the dipper at Bathurst.

John Handley

I hope it will be completed before the suburban sprawl reaches the fence, and shuts it down due to noise complaints.

Should be fine. SMSP has survived, and there might an airport north of that place shortly too?

Works: 1999 Volvo S40 T4, (has Choo Choo's)
    Playing: R12, SuperPos, thinks It's a race car.
    Previous: SuperGrumpy fuel spitting 504ti(ish), SuperComfortable 505 STI, SuperDoper carried my groceries Mi16
    Wanted Ye old K4J / K4M Click!

"More and more of less and less" - Marina Abramović

John Handley

SMSP.... is that Eastern Creek?

Thanks, John

Fellow Frogger!

Has been branded Sydney Motor Sport Park - SMSP for about 10 years now. Under lease to ARDC since 1996. After being run at a loss by Government it has been debt free and running at profit under ARDC since 1999.

Development in that area is all industrial. Noise has not been an issue with the same 95 dba limit in place for the whole time of the lease with some occasional exclusions for specific activities and events such as historic demonstrations. Only noise issue was from a music festival over 10 years ago, not the cars. Phillip Island has the most restrictive noise controls of all the permanent race tracks in Australia due to the very low background noise creating a big jump when cars are measured against the ambient background noise.

After Oran Park closed there has been a shortage of available track time at a reasonable price so there is room for another track in the Sydney market. The big problem is identifying and attracting the target market. The daily cost of running a track close to the Sydney area, just in terms of fixed overheads before you open the gates, is greater than most motoring users are willing to pay.

Thread Information