Le Mans 24 Hours. Who's coming with me? and the Matra museum, and Peugeot, and more..
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 1915 type 153
  • 1 Post By COL

Thread: Le Mans 24 Hours. Who's coming with me? and the Matra museum, and Peugeot, and more..

Fellow Frogger!

Default Le Mans 24 Hours. Who's coming with me? and the Matra museum, and Peugeot, and more..

Again I'm heading to back to Le Mans for the 24 Hours. Who's coming with me? It's a 15 day tour - a small group, max of seven in a Peugeot mini-van. With me as driver/guide. We start in Paris for 3 nights, do the sights there, then head down to Le Mans for a weekend of motor racing heaven. In the Loire Valley we look at Chateaux - and the Matra museum in Romorantin. A night in Beaune to break the journey before we get to Alsace. Staying in a walled medieval village for three nights and as well as the local sights, there is the Schlumpf museum and French National Railway museum which we will go to. Ask me nicely and we'll stop at Sochaux at the Peugeot museum as well. Then up to Belgium for two nights and a tour of the WWI battlefields around Ypres - Messines Ridge, Passchendaele and Polygon Wood. and we go to the Last Post ceremony at the Menin Gate. We finish in Frankfurt where you can go home, carry on travelling, or come with me to the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Advertisement

PM me if you are interested and want more info - it will be a fun trip. i do this every year and some of the places we go I have been to 20 times...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Le Mans 24 Hours. Who's coming with me? and the Matra museum, and Peugeot, and more..-img_7486.jpg   Le Mans 24 Hours. Who's coming with me? and the Matra museum, and Peugeot, and more..-img_5917.jpg   Le Mans 24 Hours. Who's coming with me? and the Matra museum, and Peugeot, and more..-img_5985.jpg   Le Mans 24 Hours. Who's coming with me? and the Matra museum, and Peugeot, and more..-img_5986.jpg   Le Mans 24 Hours. Who's coming with me? and the Matra museum, and Peugeot, and more..-img_6346.jpg   Le Mans 24 Hours. Who's coming with me? and the Matra museum, and Peugeot, and more..-img_6494.jpg  

Le Mans 24 Hours. Who's coming with me? and the Matra museum, and Peugeot, and more..-img_6845.jpg  
    geckoeng likes this.
    1999 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupe (Manual)
    1982 Porsche 944 Chassis no. 97, quite likely the oldest surviving production 944
    1978 Peugeot 504 Ti French assembled... because I need another project...
    1971 Peugeot 404 U10 ute (the love/hate vehicle. Used to love it. Now restored and I hate it)
    1930 Durant 614 coupe (Some American quality among the froggie taxis in my shed)
    1928 Renault KZ2 (the latest addition to the fleet)
    1915 Peugeot type 153A (very long term project)

COL

This sounds like an awesome trip, unfortunately I can't come this year.

I'm planning on doing something similar in 2018 or 2020 and going to the Le Mans Classic, Silverstone Classic, both Goodwood events, Isle of Man TT and a host of museums.
    1915 type 153 likes this.
    Regards Col

1973 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    1976 Renault R12 Station Wagon
    2002 Renault Laguna V6
    1973 Alpine A110

http://alpine-a110.weebly.com/

Fellow Frogger!

Keep in touch if you need help, advice or whatever. I chase racing cars and all sorts in Europe every year. And I'm a travel agent so I can make sure you get the good stuff at the right price
    1982 Porsche 944 Chassis no. 97, quite likely the oldest surviving production 944
    1971 Peugeot 404 U10 ute (the love/hate vehicle. Used to love it. Now restored and I hate it)
    1930 Durant 614 coupe (Some American quality among the froggie taxis in my shed)

Fellow Frogger!

what are the dates and prices ?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by petermelb View Post
    what are the dates and prices ?
    Hi Peter

We leave NZ 11 June. End in Frankfurt to fly home 28 June (or head to England for Goodwood). Cost NZ to NZ all up is NZD$10 999.00 per person share twin/double. I can do a land only cost so you make your own way to Paris, or you could fly here to join us, or I can work out an ex-Australia cost for an inclusive price.

Have a look at my website Tours by Tony | tonystours.nz for more info, or pm/e-mail me

Cheers

Tony

Thread Information