1. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1:38.755
    2. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, + 0.303
    3. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, + 0.834
    4. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, + 0.849
    5. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, + 0.906
    6. Max Verstappen, Red Bull, + 1.063

Advertisement

Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

Nico needs only a podium finish to win the title. Qualifying times would suggest that Daniel may struggle to keep up with Nico being some half a second slower, but he has both Ferrari's snapping at his heels only a fraction behind him.

Kimi has edged out Vettel in qualifying 11/10 this year. Certainly a big turn around for him from last year.

Both the Williams cars seem to be struggling with qualifying in 10/11 th place

Edit - At least in Brisbane, the race is televised free to air on 10 at 10:55 pm to 1:00 am
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Note that Daniel and Max are on supersofts, whereas the rest of the top 10 are on ultrasofts.
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Banned

Apparently there isnt alot of interest in F1 on AF!

anyway, roseberg must be just soooo relieved to have bagged a title. i am sure it would be grand to win one when you have 3 already, but winning the first one would really get you over the hump. Plus, Nico will be able to front his dad without feeling like a loser

just an idle thought, but i wonder if this will affect nico's driving style in the coming year. i would think it a good chance that he will be more relaxed about racing (having the trophy on the shelf at home), which might make for less tense interaction between lewis and him. then again, maybe not.....

I think maybe not.

I taped the race last night and watched it later. After the race, where they get weighed in, Rossberg and Hamilton were in opposite corners of the room until the photos and Hamilton pulled away from Roseberg as soon as the photo was taken.

It was interesting towards the end of the race when Hamilton slowed the pace down in the hope that couple of other cars would get past Roseberg so he could win the title. He needed two cars between himself and Roseberg. Not what I call a great team player, but I suppose not many race drivers are. I can't remember the last time when a race winner was visibly unhappy after winning the race. He should never consider acting as a career.
    Tim_K likes this.
    Every day is a good day

Banned

no i certainly wasnt thinking about the two of them becoming mates!

re slowing in final laps: i suppose such a tactic would be viewed by most a legit under circumstances? it certainly would assist hamilton winning Sportsmanship of the Year award, but luckily he isnt exactly a contender in that race anyway. obviously not a great endorsement when your own team is telling you to speed up!

re hamilton's acting career: oh dont write him off too easily. there must a role out there for a pouting, scowling prima donna, race driver character! he would be brilliant!
    Tim_K and FIVEDOOR like this.

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    re hamilton's acting career: oh dont write him off too easily. there must a role out there for a pouting, scowling prima donna, race driver character! he would be brilliant!
    Oh, movie about his life story, but is that really acting?

One of the Red Bull bosses suggested the go slow tactic publicly to Hamilton in the days leading up to the race. At that point he said he would race to win. Great move by Red Bull, it will have done the fragile team spirit no end of harm.
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information