F1 - Rosberg vs Hamilton battle
  • Register
  • Help

Default F1 - Rosberg vs Hamilton battle

After Japan last weekend. Rosberg has 313 point to Hamilton's 280 championship points. Nico can win the title with four second place finishes even if Hamilton wins the four remaining rounds.

Think Nico also has one fresh engine left, or was it put into use in Japan, cant recall. Hamilton has only used power plant components left to use for the remaining rounds, unless he takes further grid penalties.

Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Unlike the British commentators, I'm in no way concerned as to Mr Hamilton's final position in the series...........
    Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone............

Banned

i hope Rosberg wins the championship. i can see that Hamilton has the edge in racing conditions, but Rosberg seems to 'deserve' to have one championship. i reckon he thinks so too and would be able to to cop being runner up any number of times if he has one on the shelf.

Every day is a good day

Banned

interesting point regarding the Japanese F1

"In the first 54 years of F1 racing, there was just one race in which every starter made it to the chequered flag - the 1961 Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort. It has now happened three times in the last 23 races - and twice in two years in Japan."

Fellow Frogger!

Hamilton is badly advised what with his Snapchat and all.

Rosberg is rather boring to this long term F1 fan but he's driving well and deserves a shot at being WC given that he has the car.

If only Webber hadn't walled it in South Korea all those years ago - he deserved a WC as much as Rosberg does now.

Hamilton is looking like he's getting used to the lucky position he's in. As a racing driver, when you stop feeling that you're lucky to be earning a living (and then some) in F1 then it's time to naff off.

Banned

i agree.
    there is a number of former F1 champions and 'best drivers' in the field, not performing particularly well, now they dont happen to be in the best car of the year. i guess the ego goes with the territory, but i reckon some of them think they are 90% willing the car around with their skill. until the car chooses to not be so willed. it certainly isnt hard to drive a perfect race when you start in P1, get away at the front of the field, and noone has the power to pass you!

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    and noone has the power to pass you!
    Except your team mate, then you have to accept that team mate is doing better job or perhaps there is a conspiracy
    Every day is a good day

Two rounds left and F1 Drivers Championship stands at Nico 349 points and Lewis at 330.

First place is 25 points, second 18 and third 15. If Lewis wins both remaining rounds, Nico can win the championship with 2nd and third.

The wild card is Max Verstappen, he can take either one of them as he showed last round in Mexico when he punted Nico off track

at 1:25

Every day is a good day

Banned

That would certainly improve max's standing among the drivers.
    Mind you, dont forget the other two wildcards - Rosberg and Hamilton: both of whom are capable of taking each other out!

True, but they have been unusually well behaved of late and I think Lewis knows that he must win both rounds and to win, you first have to finish.
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information