F1 _ Hamilton will have 15 place penalty at Belgium GP
  • Register
  • Help

Default F1 _ Hamilton will have 15 place penalty at Belgium GP

Mercedes have confirmed that both drivers will receive new power units for Belgium GP. Hamilton had more power plant problems at the beginning of the year which means the new power plant will result in 15 place start grid penalty this week end. Current rule permit the use of four engines per year.

Advertisement
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

Banned

i guess that could be a problem for mercedes if further new motors are required. is that likely, or is it sorted?

Nine races left, so not at all surprised if Hamilton might need another powerplant. Not sure what Nicos engine count is, but he is not adversely affected this weekend. I think the issue is going to affect the competition between the two Merc drivers as Hamilton had worse run with engines at the begining of the year. The Merc drivers are too far ahead in the championship, so I cant see the engine issue putting the Merc title at risk, but Hamilton? Time will tell.
    Every day is a good day

Default Interesting tactics from Mercedes

It looks like Hamilton will start the race from last place due to grid place penalties.

A tactical move by Mercedes to introduce two new engines over the weekend has resulted in total of 50 grid place penalties, but means that Hamilton should now have enough engines until the end of the season without further penalty. The other interesting point is overtaking is potentially easier at Belgium than many other tracks. It will be interesting to see how many places Hamilton can climb from last place.

As Hamilton will be starting from the last place, qualifying will provide an opportunity to save tyres for the race.

F1 Lewis Hamilton: Mercedes grid penalty ahead of Belgian Grand Prix
    Every day is a good day

Thread Information